Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Tell me why you want to or don't want to learn Chi

• Annie
    Annie wrote:
    <p>It is considered normal if you do want to study Chinese in China, but there must be some specific reasons for you to do so. Like, you want to find a job in China, want to date a hot Chinese girl, or simply want to get to know more about the country and the culture. Can you tell me why and more?</p> <p>But what if some of you just don't want to study Chinese here? Is that because you've already studied some and that would serve you enough? Or is it because you have no problem just using English here? Or, you just don't like the language, and feel like it is impossible to comprehend? Just give me any reason that you may have.</p> <p>--------------Why I'm doing this------------------</p> <p>I'm a Chinese teacher and I've been studying this major for 6 years already. Now I'm working on my thesis about Chinese learning motivation. I believe this research would be a great help for both Chinese teaching and learning, and it would benefit all foreigners who work and study here in Beijing.</p> <p>It would mean a lot if I can get any answer from anyone of you.:)</p> <p>Cheers!</p>
  • №❶ Passioη

Why Do I want to Learn Chinese?

To cope with lengthy conversations often initiated by taxi drivers in Beijing

Why Don't I want to Learn Chinese?

The importance of the language is sharply declining on the Global Stage.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Why not:

I would have to indulge colleagues in small talk.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

9gag

GTFO

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.