Discussion » Nonsense » Fish tank problem!

• Tara ❀ 樱鬼
    Tara ❀ 樱鬼 wrote:

So the big fish tank in our new apartment is quite noisy at night with the sound of flowing water, and it consumes around 50% of the electricity we use per month. Our landlord definately wouldn't take it to his new place coz it's too big...so,

Option 1. Sell the fish tank. It's about 160cm high, 145 cm long and 35 cm thick, if anyone's interested. But after reading the description above, probably nobody wants to buy it.. Plus we can't offer delivery.

Option 2. Cut off the electricity and wait until they die. Too cruel!

Option 3. Set all those fish free...my roommate came up with this one. My concern is if they would die even sooner if we kindly throw them into any river around Beijing. "free life, little fish!!"dying in polluted river

The fish tank is quite fancy and in Chinese Fengshui it is said that keeping fish at home could bring you fortune - 招财. Anyway me and my roommates find it unaffordable and unnecessary to be superstitious about that. First we thought it was pretty when we moved in and after 2 months it's more of a trouble..

Suggestions guys? Or more like...which river is the best one for setting them free to? Or a park?

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

talk to your landlord to see if you can sell it, perhaps your landlord want to get rid of it too, maybe you can take 50% of the money for your work, haha. you could probably sell it at a low price, gotta be someone who's interested, sites like 58.com can probably help.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... should there be an optio four, esp when the water pump (I dont suppose the light in the tank needs that much juice) draws that much electricity, it might need repaired or replaced ...

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

I'll not forget.... about a year ago the girl in the flat opposite me moved out. For some reason, she had moved all of her stuff out of the appartment and stacked up it outside in the hallway; I guess she didnt have time to move it or couldnt find a car or something... Well, anyway, this big pile of stuff sat there for about two weeks and I remember coming home one night to an oddly repulsive smell, which on reflection had been present for several days but was growing in intensity. Upon inspection of this heap of junk I noticed, buried within, a fishtank not unlike the one in the photos you posted Tara... I say 'not unlike', it was pretty much indentical, and at one time had been a fully functioning aerated fishtank filled with brightly coloured and beautiful fishies....except by this point, the water (the presence of which was my first surprise) was brown and cloudy....it then dawned on me that aside from the brown water, the tank was filled with a whole mess of dead and rotting goldfish :(
    Tara, I beg you spare your neighbours the shock of a similar gisley discovery!! lol

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

psyche what are you saying?!?!! dont just flush em down the toilet! (Besides, Tara, if you do that and they might grow into huge monster goldfish in the sewers and gobble up the occasional gong ren that has to go down for maintenance.)

Ive got a much better idea... send the fish out to volunteer forum members that are cat owners in exchange for a photo of each cat eating the fish. the pic must be memey and lulzy and have captions written in lolcat.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Chinese Buddhists will sometimes set animals free. Find a Buddhist and ask him the best place to free a fish.

You could try going to 法源寺. The 丁香花 there are also very 香 in April.

• Silje Linnerud

I don't think there is a pool at 法源寺. OP just dump your fish in 后海,they will survive.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

The fish in restaurants are delicious and so should expect to be eaten.

Tara's fish are pretty and so should expect to be kept alive so people can enjoy their beautiful scales and aquatic grace.

• Simen Wangberg

"OP just dump your fish in 后海,they will survive."

If by "survive" you mean "transform into homicidal mutant goldfish", you are definitely correct.

I would be okay with that if it meant that they would come up out the lake and murda some tourists though.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Go to a Japanese restaurant and drop them in a carp pond.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Skaught, why do you care about these fish so much?

I can't help thinking this is pure projection. Because Tara has not given you enough love and affection you berate her for her treatment of the fish!

Just a bit of cod psychology...

• Alex ^∞
  • Alex ^∞
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

Bream me up, Scotty.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Better to be a little fish in a big pond!

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

nice one Tara :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.