Discussion » Employment Opportunities » Video Transcription Scam!!

• Preston J
    Preston J wrote:

Attention Ex-pats (primarily American or Canadian): If anyone offers you work with video transcription or summary via messages or on their status. It could be a fake company. The one I received was through a Sophie for her friend in a video transcription company. The “friend” was named Mike Sun or another pseudonym, the company was called “Simotrans” This 100% a scam. After 3 transcriptions for them, I gave them my account information and they told me they were going to send me the money. This never happened. And when I tried emailing and calling them they never answered. Email address: mike.sun.trans@gmail.com Please pass the word around! I am sure this has happened to other people, so just be careful! There is a lot of scum bags, trying to take advantage of foreigners.

They were offering 22 RMB a min of video transcription! PLEASE BEWARE!

They said the address was: Beijjing Shi Jing Shan District Wan Da Square Tower B 1202 room

Moral of the story: Don't get played by these filthy animals!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I dont know if I might have been "scammed" but I was introduced to one of these recording studios over at Tong Zhou, by one of the girls on this site ... and every time I went there, they said the client needed a different sample, so I went there again, and did both English and Cantonese ones ...

They have not asked for account details yet, probably dumped me for complaining about going there too many times, heehee ;)

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Whenever I used to do work for shady ops like this, I would DEMAND cash in hand up front. Any travel required? Get it reimbursed the same day! Never do work over email without getting paid first. As soon as the sent button is pressed they have your IP (referring to intellectual property, in this case). Never trust those that need white faces/voices until the cash is IN YOUR POCKET. And even then, watch out for pick pockets!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.