Discussion » Travel » Where is a cool place to stay in Shanghai?

• 威辣
    威辣 wrote:
    <p>Ok well I am going to shanghai with my girlfriend during labor day vacation and I want to stay in the happenin part of town that has lots of bars and restaurants etc. </p> <p>where is that? </p> <p>Also any places I can avoid electronic/house music that would be appreciated. </p> <p>No hipster areas either, I am not the "Art" type and I also think James Pollock fucking sucks.</p>
  • Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:

The old French Concession area (Hengshan Road, where is like a bar street)

• Simen Wangberg

Go to The Shelter and stay there. It's dark, cramped, smells like ballsweat and the staff serve cheap, crappy drinks, so maybe you'll just think you're still in PPG. I don't remember which part of town it's in, but there's some other shit bars nearby too, so you should be right at home.

• Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:

Mooney, are you sure you are living in BJ ?

• Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:

@Mooney, haha, then why didn't u say hi ?

• Simen Wangberg

I wasn't just taking the piss, Pete. The Shelter really is a clone of PPG in Shanghai. You don't need to go to any other club. They might even let you sleep behind the bar.

• Chai Chu
    Chai Chu wrote:

French Consession, decent bars: People 7, Alchemist, Anar (Pomegranate), Appartment, and more.

Or just go to the bund, find a tall building along the river, go to the top floor, you'll find grand hotel red wine bars.

• Chai Chu
    Chai Chu wrote:

I remember drunk whites do oral in front of everyone on the lawn outside Shelter. It literally SUCKS.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.