Discussion » Music » anybody into electronic or techno dancing music ?

• Sibyl1130
    Sibyl1130 wrote:
    <p>hey,there, as the title written, if there is anybody into electronic , techno, house music ? Please introduce me some artists or djs, speaking of dj , which club plays that kind of music ? as far as i know, punk, migas, where else? many many thanks in advance to whoever answer my questions !~</p>
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

Lantern is on the west of Gongti. It's focussed on Techno, but I hear they do an amazing monthly Dubstep and DnB party....

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

I write electronic music. But only for my personal enjoyment.

The bit after 2.47's pretty good.

• 随便叫兽
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Scooter, do a four panel macro of McBro taking pictures of himself with his iPhone. Use "Girl look at that body" for the first three captions, with "AAAAAAAHHH! I work out" for the last one where he's sitting at his desk with lube and cumrags.

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

Sibyl, don't worry about Hip Hop. It's great, but most of the stuff you hear in Beijing is complete shit. Mostly the nights for hip hop in Beijing are full of drunk pricks trying to take you home for a one night stand at places like Propaganda, Vics and Mix. AVOID THEM

There are plenty of good Techno, House and Drum and Bass nights in Beijing and the crowds are super friendly, and really passionate about the music. I really recommend you come, it will open your eyes up to a new world!

This is the one I'm playing at Lantern next saturday - http://weliveinbeijing.com/events/main?Eid=1000002307

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

Pete, I got nothing against particular kinds of music, it's the clubs and the DJs who are focussed on selling bottles, table service and throwing out the same top 40 Hip-Pop for guys out for nothing but a one night stand. In my opinion that's more repetitive than EDM, where the crowds are more open to hearing new music.

Techno is an acquired taste but the nights are different, the music is different, people go for different reasons.

House had its own reasons for shutting but Lantern is very healthy right now, throwing Dubstep and drum and Bass as well as other tastes.

Haze and Migas are also doing amazing house and Nu-Disco nights - if the bleep blops of techno aren't your thing. There is also a thriving underground scene of venues scattered around Being with small parties and promoters where the focus is on music first and foremost.

I gave Vics another shot recently and I was bored after 20 minutes - when Lady Gaga came on that was it for me.

If you want bass parties in Beijing you should be going to events like this: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzY1MTE4OTU2.html

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

Pete, have you tried going to any one of the dedicated real Hip Hop nights?

Cut Chemist at Yugong Yishan was immense.

@Sibyl - yep! and Yen and Intro too!

• Beijing Bass (Herbie)

2 cents, I'm cool with all kinds of parties and DJ's as long as they research and truly love the music they are playing.... that said, there is also DJ HELL where the club won't let a resident stray outside the usual playlist and if a club doesn't push the boundaries they might as well slap on a premixed MP3. Nothing worse than setting your watch based on what's coming out of the woofas and tweetas!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.