Discussion » Software Development » Windows 8 Consumer Preview for fags

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    <p>I want to dislike Windows 8, but the UI is actually quite nice. So far, the only thing I don't like is that I cannot access the Linux install on the other partition, but that is probably my fault for not knowing how to set up the boot loader.</p> <p>Windows does not call them programs, applications, or executables anymore. They're apps. This gave me eggache much like when the 4th edition of Dungeons &amp; Dragons turned out to borrow heavily from MMORPGs; one feels as though one should be filled with righteous indignation, but for as blatantly derivative as the gesture might be, it actually ends up fixing a lot of what I hated about the original.</p> <p>I use a Lenovo ThinkPad x61 Tablet, so the new interface works quite well for me. But I use a stylus, not a touchscreen; normally one brings up the Start menu by hovering the cursor near the bottom left of the screen, but it's bothersome to hover a stylus pen, and what's more, it just doesn't work unless I use a mouse or the TrackPoint. I'll have to map one of the face panel buttons of my tablet as the Windows Logo key if I want quick access to the start menu. But if I wanted to go through that kind of hassle, I'd prefer to keep the geek credibility of doing it with an open source operating system.</p> <p>All in all, it seems pretty decent--high praise from a cantankerous curmudgeonly critic like yours truly. </p> <p>I hope the corresponding OS-tan mascot is super kawaii~</p>

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.