Discussion » Gaming » The extinction of the Human Race

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    <p>It gets a bit heavy in parts, but this Swedish philosopher gives a decent interview about the potential future extinction of the human race <a href="http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/03/were-underestimating-the-risk-of-human-extinction/253821/">here</a> (it will probably be all our fault).</p> <p>Some good stuff about if we are living in a simulated reality or not (we probably are); I really hope we aren't though...</p>
  • Saint - Spartacus

i rather believe human will kill each other than other nature damage , asteroid attacks & development of technologies etc...

• Silje Linnerud

Human extinction is something I am looking forward to. Sadly this procedure takes so fucking long and I won't be able to live long enough to witness the end coming.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

I still hope that our extinction be a moral act. I have faith in this :)

{...} But (Eduard) von Hartmann looks forward to a time when the human race in general will have so developed its consciousness of the real state of affairs that a cosmic suicide will take place. Schopenhauer was wrong in suggesting that an individual can attain annihilation by self-denial and asceticism. What is needed is the greatest possible development of conscious-ness, so that in the end humanity may understand the folly of volition, commit suicide and, with its own destruction, bring the world-process to an end.

{...] The cosmic suicide requires as its condition the greatest possible evolution of consciousness and the triumph of intellect over volition. But this is precisely the end aimed at by the Absolute as Idea, as unconscious Spirit. One can say, therefore, that the world will be redeemed by the cosmic suicide and its own disappearance. And a world which achieves redemption is the best possible world.

yeah!!!!!!!!! alt text

alt text

• 随便叫兽
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Joep, it is not so much bullshit, as about exploring potential possibilities. You think the human race will last forever, 100%? Surely even you are not that naive...

• Simen Wangberg

I believe in the power of BONER JAMZ

• Chai Chu
    Chai Chu wrote:
    1. human race will extinct oneday for sure, our fault or not. Why does it matter so much.
      1. if a simulated reality could be as good as this one, well, then, there left nothing to worry about.

@ Skaught

If fact, it's shocking that any of us are alive at all.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Hmm Joep,

I read article, found interesting, posted in case anybody else found interesting. A couple of people did.

I fail to see what this has to do with boredom (or the hackneyed self help books you read).

When I'm bored, I masturbate.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.