Discussion » Travel » Why no USA Visa?

• Kenn
    Kenn wrote:
    <p>My son is living in Beijing, training to become a professional Wushu Athlete. We travel all over the world to compete and because of this he misses school regularly.</p> <p>While travelling we regularly take his coach and his press agent. We've never had any trouble getting them a Visa to the United States. However, for some reason they keep turning his Chinese teacher down for a Visa.</p> <p>Even though she has a bank account, a husband and two children living here in China, they say she's not demonstrated a solid enough connection to China to ensure return.</p> <p>Honestly, I'm starting to take it personally, as it seems my country is specifically targeting my son's education.</p> <p>Does anyone have an alternative explanation or perhaps some advice? I would greatly appreciate insight into this decision. </p> <p>Thanks Kenn</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Honestly, I'm starting to take it personally, as it seems my country is specifically targeting my son's education.

I can totally picture Obama in the smoky sub-basement bunker of the White House where he goes to steal clandestine cigarette breaks from the American taxpayers, wheezing between hastened inhalations to tell his henchmen to prevent your kid from keeping up with his Chinese lessons by any means necessary. He fears that your son might grow up to be another Jon Huntsman, but not Mormon, and threaten Obama's incipient thousand-year Reich.

Has your son's Chinese tutor recently asked for a raise, with the justification that she must occasionally defend herself against killer robots from the future?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.