Discussion » Gaming » Friendly, small-stakes POKER game, looking for mor

• Carl
    Carl wrote:
    <p>Friendly, small-stakes poker game starting up at Deshengmen, looking for more players to join in and have a laugh. English and Chinese both well represented at the table!</p> <p>We’ll start by playing a Texas Hold’em tournament, with a buy-in of 50 kuai and 1 rebuy allowed in the first 3 levels. We’re flexible though, so we can up the stakes later, or do a cash game if people prefer.</p> <p>We play every Sunday afternoon from around 3pm onwards, in a comfortable private room in a restaurant on Ande lu, just east of Deshengmen bridge, Xicheng qu (<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=jin+jiu+long&amp;hl=en&amp;cid=13885688201811391500">click for map</a>). The nearest ditie is Jishuitan. Drinks and food are available (and delicious!).</p> <p>PM me if you’d like to come along :) (click my profile image to send me a message)</p>
  • №❶ Passioη

We’re flexible though, so we can up the stakes later, or do a cash game if people prefer.

Did you know gambling is illegal in China?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... so is corruption ... oh, and prostitution ... and making oil and food produces using illegal chemicals ... also, throwing rubbish too?

Carl ... other than the fact that my money is very "controlled", I would like nothing more than having a game ... heehee ... so, good luck with that ... but if I may make two suggestions:

1. being that this is China, you might want to make this low profile and not too "open", e.g. outside an open forum, instead, just keep it inside your own circle, because you'd never know when you might attract an undercover agent or similar ... and if you (and your friends) think that you could avoid trouble because you are foreigners, I would think carefully about that ...
    2. also, the way you said it, to sceptics such as myself, it does not feel like an invitaion, but more like a scam or a setup ...

That's all ... hope you wont get offended by what I said ... cheerio ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.