Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Translate resume from English to Chinese

• Me In Beijing 2.0
    Me In Beijing 2.0 wrote:
    <p>If you have some finance background and good English, I'm looking for someone that can translate my CV and cover letter to Chinese. Will pay 300-500 altogether (2 pager) and able to find other clients if satisfied with the result (2 other people will proof read it afterwards).</p>
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

i am sure this kind of thread gets a lot PMs :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it is possible that MIB wants to work for some Chinese companies who did not study their English well enough ... but then, if he cannot write his own Chinese resume, and they cannot read English, I failed to see the point here ...

More so ... if MIB can indeed find two people to proofread the Chinese, why cant one of these people help him to translate? Or, if he said that their English is not good enough to translate, how would they know whether the translated Chinese text is actually correct, if they dont know what was the original content?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... that's why I said I failed to see the point ... but I am sure MIB will have some brilliant reason :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... no no .. I mean a brilliant reason that he needs a Chinese resume ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... MNC Companies? You did not just say that, did you?

No ... strange as it might seem, I see you point, and I actually agree with you (dont get too excited just yet), but if you cannot write you own Chinese CV, and have to find someone else to do it, and yet another someone else for proofread, is that not considered "lying" to the extent that the MNC might think that you can write, when in fact you cannot?

It is like when people asked me to translate their CV, or even once, someone asked me to do his "what is my hobby" for an interview, and I refused both, not because I wont help, but it would probably get them into more trouble ...

So ... good luck, if you think you can sleep with that ...

• Silje Linnerud

Ladybirds, you do know that proofread something written in poor English is a pain in the ass, right? Sometimes it could take so damn much time just to correct or try to figure out what the applicant really wants to say.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ...

Sometimes it could take so damn much time just to correct or try to figure out what the applicant really wants to say

... which is why when I proofread something written in English, I always ask for the original Chinese text, where possible ... it is slower, but more accurate ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.