Discussion » Current Events » Anti-American Sentiment Thread

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    <p>This is old news now, but I think it'd be a good idea to set aside one thread especially for Fraulein Saurkunt to express her entirely rational hatred of Americans.</p> <p><strong>16 Afghan civilians killed in rogue U.S. attack</strong> (<a href="http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/12/us-afghanistan-civilians-idUSBRE82A02V20120312">link</a>)</p> <blockquote> <p>(Reuters) - A U.S. soldier was detained after 16 Afghan civilians, including nine children, were shot dead in what witnesses described on Sunday as a night-time massacre near a U.S. base in Afghanistan's violent south.</p> </blockquote>
  • Reply from Ajantha Manohar is flagged as not relevant.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    How about no. Refer to topic, Mugu, or go make an Anti-Zionist Sentiment Thread and try to leave out the antisemitism PLZKTHXBAI.

  • Ajantha Manohar

    ok, I catch it, I´m gonna wait some months, until USA and Israel invade Iran to bring the democrazy there.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    I don't know any details regarding what has transpired

    Shorter Thread: A user, who is German btw :), just doesn't like Americans, but is struggling to find a way to articulate why. I'm trying to help her find better reasons.

    PROTIP: A seldomly expressed tendency to pity the less fortunate is not one of them.

  • Reply from 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) is flagged as not relevant.

  • 随便叫兽
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Wow, your sorry ass even took the extra time to make a special thread for me.

    You are welcome. Now stay on topic.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    OP: here's article which might shed light on recent forum drama

    alt text

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    alt text

    One U.S. soldier kills 16 Afghan civilians.

    To what extent are all Americans morally responsible for this act? Does the fact that the USA is ostensibly a democracy make the collective blame that much more onerous?

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    ...I'll allow it.

  • Patrick Coleman

    give me an AK with 2 fully loaded mags and i will kill more afghans than an american.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    AK is EASY MODE.

  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

    Its sick that this happens more than the military will actually admit. That solider will probably be sent to a military prison with the worst criminals from the armed forces. Its too bad he lost his marbles. Its not only the soldier who is to blame, but also the military.

    The military sends soldiers there to, "be authority figures, police the country, be targeted, kill, protect innocent, be humanitarians, etc......."

    Let me ask you: How can a trained killer protect, kill, obey, serve, and preserve all at once? Providing assistance to locals, protecting innocent, killing the enemy that blends into the crowds of their own countrymen and woman and does not care if any innocent get killed along with themselves. Hell they even blow their own women and children up on occasion. How can anyone keep their cool in this situation? Given contradictory roles to play in a contradictory place that should never have been invaded in the first place who is to blame? Is it a single soldier who lost his mind a killed innocent people?

    How many innocents do you think have been killed by stray ordinances in Afghanistan? Somebody pushed the trigger for those bombs, somebody gave the command to drop those ordinances, and innocents by the hundreds paid with their lives for those mistakes. This solider and his trigger happy act does not even compare with the horrific acts committed on the larger scale by the USA military activity in Afghanistan.

    The uproar now is all political on the US side. On the Afghan side it is justified, but I am sure they are not merely blaming the soldier. This is because they see the bigger picture every day.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    It is well known that the U.S. soldiers are in the majority criminals.

    It is well known that Germans are in the majority racist; These things are "well known" to people who start arguments beginning from shallow prejudices rather than facts.

    Yeah. I think this claim gets a [citation needed].

    Why else do you think they recruit them?

    Actually, I've known a few folks who avoided criminal prosecution by joining the military. But that would make them not criminals, but assholes. In any case, your argument begins with "U.S. soldiers (in particular) are sociopaths," if I'm not mistaken.

    Someone who never killed and with high empathy could never do what these criminals do....

    A former U.S. soldier named Daniel Lessor was attempting in a rather sloppy way of expressing empathy for Chinese people who he perceived to have limited life options, and you viciously flamed him without provocation.

    I find it funny their overall mentality: You attempt at U.S.A., you will get violence.

    NEVER FORGET.

    Everything has an answer to them, and it's violence. Americans love violence too much, and it's something you can see in the movies, the fact that many own guns and take pride in that, the whole property issue ''if you get on my property, I am entitled to shoot you''-->Huh?! What is this, the Wild West still?

    Yippy kai yai yay motherfucker. The Swiss and the Finns love their guns, too, y'know.

    I guess they didn't evolve past that point...

    A German who still believes in eugenics. How quaint.

    But let's not forget, America was founded by European criminals.

    So was Australia. Big deal.

    Criminals that England didn't need, or want, and just sent them away over there.

    Will we be arriving at the point any time soon?

    And they were criminals also because of how they killed off the local Indian population to take their lands,

    They're called Native Americans, you backwards imperialist.

    instead of working out ways to live with them in peace, or at least choose other areas...But I guess they didn't have the brain for that. They weren't intellectuals, but just criminals, and it is reflected even today.

    Once criminal, always one.

    Criminologist here. No.

    Even today, it's reflected in the politics and especially the military.

    Citation needed. You've still yet to state a fact or provide even the barest evidence to rationalize your prejudice--and even if you did, it would still be prejudice! I feel like I'm having a conversation with a wall.

    Wherever they go, they stick into people's affairs, as they always

    Always?

    did that, and threaten, warn, kill, etc. etc. It's a nation of war, they don't like peace

    All the white racist rednecks I grew up with wanted nothing more than to move to Detroit where there are tons of minorities to shoot at. So much for white flight.

    and they don't have the means to win things without bloodshed and hostile attitudes, if they don't get what they want. And they think that makes them strong and invincible...Well, they just look hysterical, paranoid, overly-cocky and classless to the rest of the world.

    It's totally NOT arrogant of you to speak on behalf of the rest of the world.

    Not to mention extremely annoying, as they can't mind their own fucking business, again, but stick their paws into other countries' affairs.

    Fuck the Marshall Plan, amirite?

    When Obama got his Peace Noble Prize, I laughed hard. What a joke.

    I didn't know Germans could laugh.

    Paragraphs. Blockquotes. These are very minor courtesies of people who communicate online.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    And 凸ಠ_ರೃ凸 (随便叫兽) is the biggest troll yet on here.

    FACT. And I am widely acknowledged to be an authority on this most insignificant of topics. And I say you're a rather poor troll. Got nothing else to do at night, eh?

    And the fact that you post up pics with ''I didn't read it lol'' shows you're running away from the debate.

    What debate?

    That makes you a pussy, pussyboy.

    How very mature of you.

    Come on, if you think you are so intelligent and smart, contribute to the topic.

    Being the OP, I contributed the topic itself.

    Show us how truly intelligent you are and convince us that what we are saying isn't true.

    As you haven't offered anything aside from insults, there's no factual content to evaluate as true or false.

    I dare you. Double dare you.

    I double dog dare you.

    lol Don't act like a 5 year old

    I didn't learn the double dog dare until I was 6.

    who can only post up troll pictures.

    And type a coherent paragraph.

    I got on topic, now it's your turn, pussy. I mean, you already proved how stupid you are by acting like a smartass, but now you have a chance to show us if you truly are smart or not.

    Uh, the intelligent thing to do would not to be to argue on the Internet. That's not what I'm here for, though :)

    Or else, you're ust a wannabe-smart as you have proven thus far. And then, after you throw in your input on the topic, I will decide if you're smart or not. lol If you puss it away, you stay a pussy wannabe-smartass and everyone with even half a brain will know you by that. :)

    Have a nice day.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @daniel bock

    Your account appeared at a very convenient time, immediately after I alluded to a troll named Christoph who shares very similar temperament and posting habits with Cherry Blossom/Eva/Sakura. You also made a number of troll comments elsewhere on the site and you don't seem to live in Beijing, so I suspect you're a sockpuppet.

    But you at least seem to have taken the topic somewhat seriously, so I'll respond anyway.

    "Let me ask you: How can a trained killer protect"

    thats the point. hes trained to kill enemy soldiers mainly, not to police.

    True. And while I'd never dream of offering an excuse for any of the atrocities committed by American soldiers, I tend to think military institutions are as blameworthy as the individual.

    i got told hat the u.s army did the mistake to have chosen the wrong strategy at the beginning to deal with the aftermath,

    Just gonna throw this out there: I think the Iraq invasion was planned before the Afghanistan invasion.

    after defeating the taliban, and overburdened their soldiers with tasks they werent made for. their reputation has suffered through that in the last few year which they can barely make it up to.

    The Quran burning controversy that directly preceded the shooting event didn't help, either.

    but another point is also: if u tell someone you bring peace to his country and want show how to govern a country, especially according to your system,

    It's called imperialism, and it's an obnoxious blight upon the planet even when it's successful.

    but some of your soldiers end up in killing his civilians .... the moral impact is much more devastating.

    Civilian deaths aren't really anything new in warfare. Even before civilian bodycounts exceeded those of soldiers (civilians have been the majority victims since the

    the people will ask themselves: are they here to kill and backstabbing us or are they here to help??

    think about it.

    i personally also hate when someone points with the finger at me telling me to do sth better or wants to show me that how to do this and that, but does same mistakes or some stuff more worse. in that case, he has no right to point with the finger at me and better leave me alone.

    It almost goes without saying that the Afghan public security forces would resent this sort of instruction.

    also, take into consideration how and why it came to that war ................ and please don't come up with that America wanted to take revenge on Bin Laden, because of one man ......

    That was how the war was sold to the American public, supplemented with promises to liberate women from the Taliban. Then came the drugs.

    Thanks for being civil.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Chinese people will fight against any action that could be construed as imperialization to their dying breath.

    ...while simultaneously laying claim to anything that has ever belonged to their historical empire. But I digress. This thread is not about Germany or China. This thread is about rationalized prejudice of Americans.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    I think the confusion arose because she's dating a German (this Daniel Bock guy) who jumped on her account the other day. Or perhaps she just tried to claim to be German because she's another self-hating Chinese person.

    I noticed there was no change in typing habits during the three posts she claimed were her boyfriends'. And when I alluded to legendary troll Christoph (aka Chris, Aniki), that's when "daniel" appeared.

    So no, not Chinese. I think? But sometimes he's German. Sometimes he's Italian. Sometimes he goes full retard and calls himself European. He's buttmad because he's actually a Turkish immigrant and all the Chinese girls say he looks like he's from Xinjiang.

  • Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

    There is a recent (since WWII) trend of singling out privates that have gone nutty and done something stupid, when quite clearly their commanding officers and other superiors are also guilty of crimes.

    There used to be an expression: "there are no bad soldiers, only bad officers". the usa has completely turned their back on this paradigm and are the worst kind of hypocrits - advocating no hold barred warfare and the killing of civilians "when neccessary" but then pretend to be all butthurt when a soldier goes off and massacres innocents without orders (note, the real crime he will be tried for is not the killing of innocents but doing so without direct orders, naughty naughty.

    Check out what drone strikes do - drones were advocated on the basis that they would be more precise and result in LESS collateral damage - rofl, targetting funerals and rescue operations. gross hypocricy, only a fool would fall for it.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Eh. Well. Soon those drones will be making sure that farmers in Iowa aren't planting cannabis between the cornstalks.

    Finally, something to put London's CCTV security system nanny statism to shame!

  • Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

    unfortunately for the brits, the uk has pioneered spy technology and are still ahead of the game when it comes to social monitoring, when compared to americans.

    Besides.....drones are not actually best for sypying. They are good for recon, but most governments now use high altitude balloons and satillites for spying. The balloons are basically small airships loaded with high tech sensors and optical equipment. the usa uses a bunch along its land borders.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    I don't habeeb. Those be UFOs.

  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

    USA. Once upon a time there was a country without colonies in the time of colonialism. The big bosses in the goverment also wanted a piece of the pie (specially after the 1893-1895 economic crisis ), so they decided participate in the profitable business of colonialism, and be like the other European Countries. But there was a problem, this young country was built follow the spirit of the Enlightenment (Freedom of speech, Democracy, Civil Liberties, Reason... those things).

    The big bosses was worried about how to conciliate a colonialist foreign policy with an ideology of freedom. Or in other words: How can we make slaves in the name of freedom? How can fool our citizens?

    Two fellows, Joseph Pulitzer's New York World and William Randolph Hearst's New York Journal, found the solution (Spanish–American War 1898) link text

    alt text

    alt text

    alt text

    The incredible results of this propaganda (¨Bring democracy and freedom to other countries¨) conviced them to use it since that day until today.

    alt text

    In the current moment, creepy motherfuckers like George Bush uses more times key words like freedom and democracy... The american political discourse is corrupted.

    http://www.4shared.com/office/1YvcgfEf/George_Lakoff_-_Whose_Freedom-.html

    Rome makes a wasteland and call it peace alt text

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    William Randolph Hearst

    Also the reason weed is illegal; when an innovative method to make paper from hemp emerged and threatened to diminish his investments in the lumber industry, Hearst's publications wrote articles about Mexican jazz musicians using the marijuana devil drug and raping white chicks.

  • Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

    reefer madness (film) and the emperors new clothes (book, jack herer) are required viewing for all potheads.

  • №❶ Passioη
  • №❶ Passioη

    Welcome to the team Cherry :)

    Those freaks would never guess...

    alt text

  • №❶ Passioη

    hehe.. it's a common America problem... crooked english language proficiency gives them the audacity to feel intelligent. Most of them speak only one language their whole life... most of them here have lived in China for about 10 years but still can't be handy with the Chinese language or culture.. :D

    Don't waste your time with these trolls Cherry... I'll handle them for you whenever necessary ;)

    alt text

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    At first she was like:

    And the fact that you post up pics with ''I didn't read it lol'' shows you're running away from the debate.

    And then she was like:

    By the way, I didn't read your replies per se, since it's to be expected that you nitpicked everything I said and came with absolutely nothing to the topic.

    Until finally:

    Hey, I'm Mormon!

    Troll status confirmed.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc