Discussion » Travel » Whether You think its safe enough for a girl to co

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    <p>Question: Whether You think its safe enough for a girl to couchsurf through Laos, Cambodia, Thailand? </p> <p>I am going on to my Southeast Asia trip for 1-2 months, starting from Beijing. I have couchsurfed in Europe and it was a wonderful experience. I think i'd do the same in Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. But I have heard different opinions. some say it's safe, other says dont do it.</p> <p>Now I thought I might just take a poll and make my plans based on your experience. I am girl, So I am more asking about whether its safe for a girl to do it on her own.</p> <p>Also, it'd be great if you can recommend some hosts, or hostels, or cities/places I cant miss</p> <p>Thank you Winnie</p>
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

wow, im surprised. none approved. however, any reasons behind for your recommendation? i'd like to know. im on very tight budget and i want to travel for 2 months, ideally:) so i have to cut down on accommodation

• №❶ Passioη

why not just read his profile on Couch-surfing website? see what others who couched with him have to say? that's more useful info than whatever you can get from here :P

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Rockstar, thanks so much for the useful info.we all constantly forget those things. it's helpful.

Skaught, you are a shower. oooh, u dont know what that means? use google translation from english to dutch and find out what shower means. Sorry for the complication. I am just trying to be polite.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

One of my female friends from university just finished couchsurfing and hitchhiking through Iran. and was shocked at how safe it was, even though most Iranians insisted it was dangerous and many tried insisting on taking them to a taxi-rank when seen on the side of the road.

On the other hand, she had her boyfriend with her so it's still not wholly the same, but I'd suggest it's probably a lot safer than public perception would suggest. I would also guess that most of those on couchsurfing in those countries are probably from more affluent backgrounds and just want to meet more international people, so it may even be safer.

• Ajantha Manohar

I've met young attractive girls traveling the world alone by couchsurfing before, and they were still alive and apparently un-raped at the time I met them. Although the next morning, they were definitely raped.

Stop showing off, prick!

oh wait! maybe that really happened? did you use your superpowers of seduction to attract them?

link text

In any case, I think is kind of sad a fucker who cannot protect his women

link text

prick!

• Reply from Simen Wangberg is flagged as not relevant.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Kelesias, Daniel,merci. you are right. I should have added where. I've already got few place in mind. the thing is, I want to travel to places where there are barely any tourists. So I assume it'd be like counties in China. As far as "risk management" concerns,its hard to balance risk and what I am looking for.

about travel buddy, i got none. but quite interestingly, yesterday on CS, there's a UK guy looking for one to go to HK, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and according to his itineray, he lands in BJ TODAY.hahaha

We'll see what happens.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Kelesias, btw, it'not if, I AM a girl:) haha

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

yep,working on it right now. should know in a bit. any of you know how to go from southern china to Lao's by train or bus? which city?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Kelesia, which city in Lao's would you recommend me to go? Luang Prabang is recommended by most friends. where else u think that i should go visit? somewhere that i can live with locals for a week, no need for internet or bars.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Oh Kelesia, i meant Cambodia...sorry..u have family in Cambodia

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Kelesias, thanks. Angkor is definitely on my list. already borrowed a book about Cambodia. I've been to Vietnam. it was surprising how flirting those local guys are, surprisingly so. And i dont think they like Chinese.haha

Rockstar, yes, one would be a fool to miss the beaches. I am gonna be back with a sun-kissed skin.

Oh dear, my heart is already there. Thanks guys, I think I have enough info for now. Now its time to book the tickets and be spontaneous.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.