Discussion » Travel » Arriving in Beijing, how to get into town from air

• Grace Han
    Grace Han wrote:
    <p>How exciting, it's only couple of weeks until my journey over to China!</p> <p>Few things need to plan ahead and prevent any waste of time and money, so here goes:</p> <p>Arriving in the afternoon, don't want to take taxi, what are choices of transport? And which's the best?</p> <p>Detailed suggestions and advices are most welcomed!</p> <p>Thanks!!</p>
  • Grace Han
    Grace Han wrote:

I'm traveling solo and backpacking

• Darcy
    Darcy wrote:

depending on where you're going, the buses are good too. they go to all different parts of the city and you don't have to worry about transferring.

• 申琪 Annie Shen

try subway!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... correct me if I am wrong, and I am probably wrong, but didnt you ask this about one year or two ago? And I think you were asking about going to San Li Tun last time, right? This time is Xi Dan? There is a shuttle bus number 2, which will take you from the airport all the way to Xi Dan

• №❶ Passioη
  • Grace Han
    Grace Han wrote:

Thanks guys!

I'll be going near "Dongsisitiao", so still figuring out which is the nearest subway station...

Or, if the shuttle bus goes anywhere from the airport, that could be a better option for me perhaps.

@叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹): ye, you r right, hehe...I tried to dig out the previous post, but it's buried deep somewhere, so it's easier just ask again (plus I get some attention as well, haha...)

• Grace Han
    Grace Han wrote:

Thanks, Bryan!! Very helpful indeed!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... they dont have a proper system on this site or forum to find old things, it is pathetic ... and if your photos and personality are real, it is impossible to not give you any attention :)

So, where exactly do you need to go this time? I think I have somehow got the idea that you need to go to Xi Dan? or is it San Li Tun (no shuttle bus stops there)?

• Grace Han
    Grace Han wrote:

@叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹):

yeh, totally agree, a lot room for improvement on here from an UX point of view! But it's a good start.

Hahaa...you can't get any more real than me, everything you see and hear, no 1 fake pixel, guaranteed.

It's Dongsishitiao, that where I'll be based during my stay in Beijing before heading over to Shanghai. but I'll be exploring the whole city with any chance I could get. Definitely going to visit the Forbidden City, Great Wall, Summer Palace, 798 Art District, the Olympic zone and other tourist attractions.

Got couple of friends to meet up with once i'm in town, so hopefully they'll take care of me from there onwards ;-)

• Grace Han
    Grace Han wrote:

@Mr Boink, Guitarist

@Gullekian

@Martian

thanks guys!

• Grace Han
    Grace Han wrote:

@Jimi

Yi he yuan is Summer Palace, right??

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.