• Art D
    Art D wrote:
    <p>windows with touch screen functions. GET IT NOW WHEN ITS FREE!!!!</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... be aware of system requirement ...

I installed Win8 (developer beta) last October, it was indeed faster than Win7, on the same cheap little notebook, but there was no compactible sound card driver, so it has been running silently even till now ... heehee ...

• Morten Eriksen

yeah, it's fast, esay

• Simen Wangberg

Ehhhhh skeptical. Looks like they're designing it for people who don't know how to use real computers. Fuck touchscreens forever, until they can make one where it's just a floating hologram so you don't get it all schnasty with your fingers.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... you mean something like this?

[embed]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk4MTA4NzAw.html[/embed]

• Simen Wangberg

"I actually like the look of the interface and think it's fresh. Obviously they've piggy backed on their OS on Windows mobile systems and I think it's a great look moving forward. Quite frankly, computer operating systems are boring and bland, why not give it a little life and colour?"

I like my operating systems boring and bland, as it happens...my desktop doesn't have any icons or other junk, just a nice big hi-res background and a small, auto-hidden taskbar at the bottom. I don't like the flashy-flash, it just eats up processor/RAM resources better spent elsewhere.

That said, Windows 8 looks pretty and if it's as functional and practical to use as Windows 7, I might give it a whirl.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop that flips into a touchscreen/stylus, so this is relevant to my interests. I use Linux to cover the basics because it's more secure and efficient, but sometimes I need Windows, particularly for iTunes and gaming.

I might try this.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Protect IP

Fuck off.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... of course, it would depend on what versio or edition you want to use ... e.g. my copy of Win7 Ultimate is only 10 yuan ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... yes, I did ... unfortunately, I lost contact with my ex colleagues from MS ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... I did not ... but, should I? and why?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Evil Highness ... is the Acer any good? The "n" key on my old Dell is, well, old ...

I dont know for sure, but if we consider that Win8 is MS's (unofficial) crusade against iOS (including iPhone and iPad), it would be silly to price it that high for OEM and/or consumers ......

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I have heard plenty about how bad is Dell, but our Inspiron is now close to 6 years old and we had only replaced the hard disk once only, even though the "n" does not work too well, as well as the "+/=", I guess we have been lucky ...

We kind of "skipped" Win 7 ... I bought the Ultimate only because I wanted to try IE9, which did not work too well on the "no brand“, and I switched back to IE8 ... on the same machine, like I had said, I installed Win8 Developer Beta, and without the extras such as Office and media software, it did run better than Win7 ...

I might give the latest Win8 beta a try over the holiday on the brand-less... and if it runs well, we are likely to get a tablet with Win8 later this year or next ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I left out the fact that we actually have an alernative with the "tablet" option, which is Ultrabook ... hopefully, with a fairly smooth and fast Win 8 ... yes, I know what you mighe be thinking ... but, heehee, we can hope, right?

The "USB keyboard" is actually not a bad idea, except that we place the Dell on the coffee table in the lounge, in front of the TV, so the "desk space" is a bit limited if we want to put an extra keyboard here as well ... I think we can live with it for a few more months ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... does that answer your question?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.