Discussion » Art & Design » Famous Last Words

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    <p>Many moons ago I started a thread about 'Famous Opening Lines' from novels. <em>Call me Ishmael</em>... etc. </p> <p>This afternoon I got thinking about great finishing lines to novels.</p> <p>The first one that sprung to me was:</p> <p><strong>"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."</strong> George Orwell, Animal Farm </p> <p>What are your favoured last lines?</p>
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

either the wall paper goes or i do——oscar wilde

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

oh,sorry, didn't read it clearly, u mean finishing lines, i thought words they say before they die, oops

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

anyone whos knows the Thai (if it is Thai...) WTF is that...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

The Hollow Men, by T.S. Eliot.

In consonance with the current world situation.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Like the T. S. Eliot

@Rockstar Mooney: What's Finnegans Wake like, any good?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Exterminate all the brutes!

• Patrick Coleman

"Father, why art thou forsaken me? in your hands i commend my spirit" Jesus of nazarene - last words on the cross

not from a novel though i consider the bible as a great novel.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Yes Rockstar, I know about the work. I just didn't realize anyone had actually ever finished it.

I've heard the butler scene is a bit freaky though...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"Father, why art thou forsaken me? in your hands i commend my spirit"

not from a novel though i consider the bible as a great novel.

Mark confirmed for troll gospel.

Whether you believe or not, I believe

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

The last words of Gilles De Rais, leader in the French army, companion-in-arms of Joan of Arc, satanic cultist, killer of kids (200+), necrophiliac, pederast.... Paolo Pasolini even thought made a movie about him...

(I didnt find his confession in english, so I translated it, sorry about mistakes)

[...] I liked spill the blood, it gave me a great pleasure. I remember in my childhood the common pleasures provoked me boredom. The Apocalypse was the only thing waked up my interest. I believed in the Hell before I could believe in the Heaven. One always gets tired and bored with the ordinary things. I began killing beacuse I was bored, and I continued doing it because I felt relief. In the battle field [...] Death became my god, my sacred and absolute beauty. I have been living with the Death since I realized I could breath. My favourite game is imagine myself dead and rotten with worms.

[...] If I had could express or describe these feelings, likely I would never have sinned. I did what other men just dream about. I'm your nightmare.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

חסד אדנינו ישוע המשיח עם כלכם כל הקדושים אמן

grace of our lord, jesus the saviour, with all of you saints, amen

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I'd like to go for a beer with Gilles De Rais...

• Chai Chu
    Chai Chu wrote:

“不了了之”

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

and the Milky Way flowed down inside him with a roar.

Kawabata in Snow Country

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.