Discussion » Dating & Romance » Is there anybody here who believes in this.. ?

• joe
    joe wrote:
    <p>Suppose this story is true, assuming we're spirits in a material world (ok ok don't freak out now):</p> <p>We were born as pairs, so none of us would be lonely.</p> <p>We'd have the entire universe, with countless "worlds", to our disposal. For what purpose? To enjoy what it is like to be a spirit in a material world. In other words: to know how good an orange tasts, to know how beautiful a sunset is, to know how good a hug feels, to know how cool it is to play in a band together with other "spirits in the material world", and so on.</p> <p>But what if the main purpose would be.. to reunite with the "other one" of the spirit-pair we're born into? What if that's it.. we come here, grow up as kids and then one day we find that other person and we just know from the look in their eyes, the way they talk, the way they behave.. we know its "them". And we feel happy, beyond description.</p> <p>I'd like to think it works this way. Just my very personal thing here shared with you (geeks and trolls and other assorted professionals lol).</p>
  • Simen Wangberg
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... is there a difference between "believe" and "questioning"?

I lean more towards "if something is not absolute, then put a question mark at the end" ... or something like that ...

• Simen Stensvoll

i believe we were born to be lonely

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

How much damage can a metaphor cause? I wonder If Plato had known that people were going to take his metaphors literally, would he have wtitten Phaedo and The Symposium or not?

Why did Plato choose use a character like Aristophanes to show that theory about halves+souls+love? Comic relief? satire?

• Saint - Spartacus

self-actualized, it is ... ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.