Discussion » Dating & Romance » If you have a Chinese boyfriend or girlfriend....&

• Tracy
    Tracy wrote:
    <p><a href="http://www.capitalmandarin.com">link text</a> If you have a Chinese boyfriend or girlfriend, first you will ask his/her name.But, Chinese name is different from western.</p> <p>如果你有一个中国的男朋友/女朋友,首先,你要问他/她的名字。但是,中国的名字与西方的不同。</p> <p>For our Chinese,it is logical to show the given name after family name.But for western people,it's opposite.</p> <p>对我们中国人而言,姓在前名在后,很符合逻辑。而西方人则不然,要先说名字,然后再说姓。</p> <p>The common question is"Would you please tell me which is family name,which is given name?" when westerners meet Chinese.</p> <p>所以外国人见了中国人的名字,不知所以然,往往要问:那个是姓,那个是名?</p> <p>The definite answer is: Our family names are in front of given names. However,this simple answer always confuses westerners. </p> <p>回答当然是:我的前面的名字是姓,后面的名字是名字。别看这么简单,用英语说就罗嗦了,老外总是弄混。</p> <p>So many Chinese reverse their family names and given names when they introduce themselves.</p> <p>所以现在好多中国人出国后自报家名时干脆把姓名颠倒。</p> <p>so,do you want a Chinese to be your boyfriend/girlfriend?</p> <p><a href="http://www.capitalmandarin.com">link text</a></p>
  • Simen Wangberg

"If you have a Chinese boyfriend or girlfriend, first you will ask his/her name."

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly two years, and she STILL hasn't told me her name!

Am I doing it wrong??

"Our family names are in front of given names. However,this simple answer always confuses westerners."

No. This simple answer confuses stupid people. It's a simple answer.

"so,do you want a Chinese to be your boyfriend/girlfriend?"

After reading your article, DEFINITELY NOT I AM BREAKING UP WITH HER AS SOON AS I GET HOME.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... what Tracy wrote here is nothing, compared to my first encounter of the concept of "first name", or even "second name" ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

OH SHIT MOTHERFUCKER

I FEEL AS THOUGH MY IGNORANCE DEVIL OF ORIENTAL CULTURE HAS JUST BEEN CURBSTOMPED BY CULTURAL WISDOM OF DIFFERENCES TRUTHINESS

THANK YOU OP

• Simen Wangberg

I LOVE ADVERTISING

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.