Discussion » Nonsense » My Neighbours Speaking style

• Calvin
    Calvin wrote:
    <p>I've been in China for a few weeks now but I sometimes got confused about the way my Chinese neighbors pronounce some words. eg: </p> <p>Thank you --------- Sank you</p> <p>Very thick -------- very sick</p> <p>very well----------- wary well </p> <p>V -------------- we </p> <p>any one else out there that have this kind of information. I wanna write down as many as I can find.</p>
  • Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:

i bet your Chinese neighbors have same confusion when you pronounce some Chinese words

• Yang
    Yang wrote:

I had problems pronouncing the name Cynthia, I say either Cyncia or Thynthia hahahaha

• Yang
    Yang wrote:

OH CMON, it's not like Chinese is the worst possible English accent u can get on this planet. Look at, say, Japanese. lol.

• Simen Wangberg

I can never understand anything spoken by English-speaking people from India. Ever.

• Reply from Ajantha Manohar is flagged as not relevant.

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

As usual everything Pete said is false and his posts serve as an opportunity to explain a logical fallacy or some other lesson in stupidity. Today we have the 'because-I-can't-nobody-can' fallacy. Pete is a tone-deaf American who if he studied and practiced for 100 years would still sound like a beginner, the kind of stubborn know-nothing with the attitude of a know-it-all that makes people want to beat him to death with a hammer, the kind of student that Chinese teachers have nightmares about.

Pete, there are millions of immigrants in this city from other areas of China who do not use 儿话 who are perfectly understood by everybody. Furthermore there are thousands of people studying Chinese who "speak tones" and don't sound like dumbasses. I know it must be painful to confront this fact, but not everyone is as stupid as you.

also if you are a foreigner and you speak very good chinese that is pronounced how you were taught they often wont under stand.

No. If you speak very good Chinese you will be understood. Period.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... the "th" thing?

... and speaking of "Harmonious" ... does anyone know what happened to our dear girl?

• Ajantha Manohar

Mr. Pete, Do you mean that when you speak good English,..Native English speakers may not really understand you?

Pete speaks a very good english for an American.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.