Discussion » Nonsense » Does Germans are more shit than other foreigners?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    <p><strong>Academics vote 'shitstorm' as German's best English loanword</strong> <em>The scatological term fills a linguistic gap in a crisis-plagued year.</em></p> <blockquote> <p>BERLIN, Germany — In a Vanity Fair article on Germany and the euro crisis, Michael Lewis played with the idea that many Teutonic peculiarities could be traced to a scatological bent in the national psyche. To illustrate the point he argued that the German language was unusually well furnished with references to excrement.</p> <p>But there was apparently one important word the Germans lacked, and had to import from English: “shitstorm.”</p> <p>The word has proved so popular, a jury of German academics has named it 2011’s best English loanword.</p> <p>Anatol Stefanowitsch, who headed the jury, said Monday that shitstorm “fills a gap in the German vocabulary that has become apparent through changes in the culture of public debate.”</p> </blockquote> <p>(<a href="http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/germany/120214/academics-vote-shitstorm-germans-best-english-loanword">read more</a>)</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

This made my day. I love you weird bipolar fucking Krauts and your warped fixation on doo doo batter.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I don't know why I can't edit anything now. I guess I'll bump:

The jury, made up of linguists and language experts, defined the vital word as a “public outcry, primarily on the Internet, in which arguments mix with threats and insults to reach a critical mass, forcing a reaction.”

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

WOW! Long time ago I read that old german WCs were different from the french standar. In the french style WC, shit does a free fall dive into the water.

In the german style, you have a more close relation with your shit

alt text

German doctors said it is a good habit take a look to your own shit, in order to detect possible illness.

I read all this crap in a book called -Fear to fly- (american author, sociology... )......The author tries to correlate german WCs with the Nazi Germany's plan called -The Final Solution-.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

German loan words like schadenfreude and verstehen are Saxon me up at just the right Anglo.

Very yes.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Obviously if you are talking about foreigners that suck, the French are way worse than the Germans...

As Neologisms go I like shitstorm, though my fave from the last 2 years has been 'Clusterfuck.' Great word, and I suspect American in origin..

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Clusterfuck is American military slang. NATO abbreviation: Charlie Foxtrot.

Actually I love the Germans and the wording of the topic is solely meant to spoof similarly titled threads. I can't get enough bratwurst inside me, and during winter, I wear a dirty old KMFDM everywhere I go. And y'know what, the French ain't so bad neither; that hat is a tuque. I fucking love the Europes and I look to her peoples in Beijing for examples of behavior which--if I am ever beckoned home--I might mimic in order to upset the rednecks. GOOD TIMES HARMONIOUS CULTURAL EXCHANGE

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Guys. GUYS.

Existentialism!

Settle down.

• Noprobnisouci
    Noprobnisouci wrote:

Wowowow.

Too much love for an early morning.

Baguette sure can be irritating, but we match it with a berret and a moustache and that make us incredibly sexy.

Gheng try to be nice to us and I'm sure you'll learn a way to enjoy our baguette.

• Noprobnisouci
    Noprobnisouci wrote:

Yep let's do a baguette exchange soon it's been a while!

• Noprobnisouci
    Noprobnisouci wrote:

Lol Cheng

Were u sure it was french labelled bread? Did u taste it after to be sure?

Have u try wearing pants or at least underwear when walking on the street? I wear them only to avoid that phenomenon.

What song were u singing? Flying bread are really sensitive about song...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

And he was nervous about this happening to him in public so he awkwardly put his hands in his pockets which happened to be full of spaghetti and just hastily got on the bus, and then when he got to school it was (surprise) anus inspection day. He says "NO" but the nurse pulls his pants down and the poopy baguette slides out of his butt and the spaghetti falls out of his pocket and the smells of old bolognese sauce and shit and croutons and everybody vomits everywhere and the nurse slips on the vomit and vomit gets all over her vagina and nine months later she gives birth to puppies with Cheng's face.

• Noprobnisouci
    Noprobnisouci wrote:

.... That make sens....

Cheng, I owe u an apology. What happened to you was pretty hardcore..we should make a movie!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.