Discussion » Beijing Life » Any one want to teach me how to cook?

• Wasabicat
    Wasabicat wrote:
    <p>Hi all, I am trying to learn some nice dishes on my spare time because I am sick of eating outside everyday. But I don't have the time to participate in any of the courses since I travel a lot at work. Any food is ok, Western, Thai, Japanese, or Italian. I can pay for all the ingredients. You can teach me at your kitchen or mine...but my kitchen might be lack of necessary equipments. We can then eat the dishes together. Once a week or may be once every two weeks is enough. Anyone interested?</p>
  • Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

i've got quite a lot of nice recipes, but i'm not professional..

• Wasabicat
    Wasabicat wrote:

Hi Mya, You don't have to be professional, may be we can try the recipes out together...I just don't feel like to cook for myself..thought it would be a lot more fun to do it with someone else. I always cook with my mom when I visit her, it feels good.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

well, then, I think I maybe can help~ & I would like to~ We can figure this out~

• Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

I've got a pasta machine in my home~~~ :D

• Wasabicat
    Wasabicat wrote:

wow...a pasta machine at home? I have a very small oven at home, got it as my credit card reward..but I only use it as a toaster.

• Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

well, I have a small oven as well, but looking for a big one lately, but the size doesn't matter since you are not gonna cook for many many ppl, & it can do all the things that a oven can do~ & as you can tell, I love cooking, & I even quit my job & went for a culinary school for a month, & just for fun~

• Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

the pasta machine? yes~ just roll the pasta dough until thin sheets, then lay on the desk, put a spoon of the inside thing of ravioli(*I don't know the actual word in English :P) , cut into squares, brush with beaten eggs, fold the other side over, gently push out the air, then..boil...

• Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

oh yes... that word didn't get to my brain in time~~ hahahha...

• Simen Stensvoll

easy,buy a cooking book and some pots,then pratice and practice

• Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

true, & more ppl, can be more fun~

• Wasabicat
    Wasabicat wrote:

yes..dont feel like to run around and buy all the ingredients, spend hours to prepare then finish the dish in 15mins and do all the washing part..

• Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

just use whatever is in your fridge & let your boyfriend do the washing...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.