Discussion » Nonsense » Someone help me Install Ubuntu in exchange for a d

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:
    <p>need help here....</p> <p>can someone install Ubuntu in my IBM laptop ? i already have the old version of Ubuntu on it, i also have Windows Vista on the same laptop. however the Ubuntu cant get upgraded....and im really not the IT type of person...</p> <p>So! the deal is , if you can help me install the new version of Ubuntu in my laptop i will invite you for a dinner. well, i dont think i need to specify the budget for the dinner here do i?</p> <p>or if you think dinner requires too long time to spend with me, i can invite you for a drink or two instead. depends on you.</p> <p>thanks!!!</p> <p>Lynn</p>
  • Ajantha Manohar

ur laptop has cd-rom?

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

yes it has. and i know you can copy the ubuntu in a disc and install it from there. but the thing is im afraid i will erase the windows system if i install like that. and when i try to upgrade/update ubuntu through synaptic package manager it always says the dependencies fail or something:(

u have any solutions?

thanks a lot!

Lynn

• Ajantha Manohar

The safe solution is install inside of windows link text

But is pretty shitty let the old version there, on hard disk space.

Why you can not upgrade? have you tried burn a cd with the new version and upgrade running the old version?

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

i just tried upgrade through synaptic , and it failed, i also tried through terminal, use the sudo get upgrade or something command. failed again. i havnt tried to use CD, i dont want to mess around with my pc lol so i thought it might be better if i find someone more professional to do it......:3

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

ok, those instructions doesnt sound too easy for me! :D u know i really suck at computer stuff :( is there anyway you help me to do that?drinks are on me. or a dinner if u prefer

thanks!!!

Lynn

• №❶ Passioη

Aren't chicks lucky? so many ways to book a BF... :x

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

LOL

is this a way to book a BF? i have a BF, however he is no good at computer either. if ever want to find a BF, i dont need all this hassel and pretend to have a Ubuntu installation problem. YOU ARE FUNNY!!!

• №❶ Passioη

I'm glad I could make you laugh :P more interestingly, I'm a Linux expert who doesn't like to go dinner / drink with other people's GFs :P..

Whatelse can you offer?

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

means, im not good at computer and neither does he.

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

@no passion

thanks for the laugh :D well, glad to know u r a linux expert. and not that glad u cant go for dinner/drink what else can i offer....well, i can maybe make your accounts?do u need a profit and loss statement? :D or exchange some music?exchange some movies?or maybe i should just buy u a bottle of alcohol?make u a painting?make u icecream?make a soundtrack? erm, buy u a linux penguin? :D:D

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

what does it sound like? i might made a grammatical mistake there. so u thought i mean he is not good in anything, computer either?:D

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

@ladybugs iv no idea what u mean...but im sure if you are nice enough, there are always people willing to help you, whether to fix your laptop or give u a place to stay. being sarcastic doesnt get u anywhere.

also im not asking help for free. so iv no idea whats the problem??

its just a simple thread asking if there is someone who is good at ubuntu and might help me. and so many people question whats my real intention? that is the fucking real intention! -_-*

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.