Discussion » Nonsense » Chinese Inferiority Complex

• Cheng
    Cheng wrote:
    <p>Being an Australian born Chinese, when I go out with my Caucasian friends, one of the things I notice is this inferiority complex. Mainland Chinese will chat to my friends like they are not as good or hold them up as Gods. Damn, it really annoys me. We are all people.</p>
  • №❶ Passioη

Next time try using Chinese language as the primary medium of communication.. and reanalyze the "complex"...

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

This is a very interesting Phenomena! Although, it is not present amongst the rich.

• Saint - Spartacus

we are all different and unique , but in '' the all different & unique '', there existe always some exceptional . it's a humility to pass the superior to others

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Laowai Superiority complex is the other side of this coin. With all those expats talking about how chinese people are, how chinese people should act in their own country or how niubi is the life out of China (why you are here?) ... Especially those illuminate who don't speak a word of Chinese and the only type of relationship that they develop with chinese is: fuck buddies. They are more likely to suffer from Laowai Superiority complex.

They should keep in mind that in the age their ancestors were still raping lambs in the Highlands or dwelling inside The Black Forest, Chinese people already had built one empire..

• Saint - Spartacus

so why do not as an old saying : 魔高一尺,道高一仗 , take in different treatment

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

What is this 'we are all people' shit?

I am emphatically not a person; I'm a table.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I have had very similar experience, and of course, my proficiency of Chinese language is far below that of Cheng ...

There is an old Chinese saying: 人望高处,水往低流 ... even Robert Kiyosaki (and Buffett too?) suggested a similar philosophy, which said that if you want to be rich, you need to get close to the rich people to learn their behavior, how they live and, of course, how they invest (or make their money) ...

Even as students, we (Chinese or otherwise) attempted to the be among the crowd, e.g. the jocks, the bullies, the beauty queens, the rich kids, the trendy ones, the brains (yes, the Breakfast Club music is playing on my computer) ... it is natural for someone to feel good when they know that they are better than others in something, IQ, dick size, pissing contest, which was what brought about people like David Findley etc or Chinese who drives Merc or BMW while dressing like 犀利哥 ...

I would just say ... Cheng ... you are mixing with the wrong crowd ...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

or choose to be a piece of household furniture. Cheng, the choice is yours...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.