Discussion » Music » Who is your favourite DJ in the world?

• Poeloe
    Poeloe wrote:
    <p>As I am Dutch and very much into house/electro music my favourite DJ is... AFROJACK!</p> <p>Unfortunately he has never performed in China, but I'm sure he will some day soon!</p> <p>Who is yours?</p>
  • Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

Armin for sure, Dash Berlin, Markus Schulz, and of course Above and Beyond and Gabriel and Dresden.

• Saint - Spartacus

amon tobin , birdy nam nam , Mr oizo. but need to discover some new one . thanks for the list

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

I recommend going to see DJ Wordy. He's ranked as one of the best DJ's in China and he playing in Beijing all the time... :-)

• Peter S 李贝勒

@F.M.B

Thank u I listen almost everything of ur list... I liked it... I guess u know the tresor club in berlin? What do u think about?

About beijing if u like minimal, acupuncture djs are cool and good!!! I like " t nem" too

In, dubstep i know they are several peoples in beijing but i forgot who? Is there anybody to refresh my memory?

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Jay Pace is one of my faves, but a bit too minimal for some.

I also hear Donkey Tonk and Mickey Zhang are pretty good...

• Peter S 李贝勒

i listened "lights" from "The robot-koch". Sounds good. A kind of mix between minimal and dubstep wooble bass?

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

you guys line up pretty some trance DJs i see, like armin, PVD, ferry corsten,A&Beyond..

Afrojack is cool, heard few tracks, nice synth and beats. Deadmau5 is also nice, but i always wondering aint it hot there in the mouse hood?!!!

@F.M.B nur mit 白酒 und 憧憬 kriegt man keinen anstaendigen 锐舞

not sure exactly what this German sentence mean, but regarding 锐舞...cant say BJ have any raves...maximum just Parties...i so miss those psy trance raves in UK ... or some decent minimal ones. btw, since u are from Berlin, i have to pay my respect to Berghain and Bar 25

as for my fav DJ, Gaiser, Magda, Umek, Paul Ritch, these are the famous ones, less famous ones, Format B, Minicoolboyz, Autistic, Pan Pot as for psy trance...there are too many, Astral Projections are pretty cool. and for Dubstep, Rob Sparx is awesome

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

erm, i never said a good rave means 5000 teenager in neon clothes etc, and neither have i ever been to any party like that. old factory can be cool, or old bunker maybe even cooler, monotone big room techno? u mean 4-4 beat techno? you find me a techno which is not 4-4 beat. not sure about monotone regardless your age or my age, i also like small venues, actually the size of venue doesnt matter, as long as the crowd is nice, music is decent. im not sure about different type of music, if i go party, i go for specific type of music. i dont really expect the DJ gonna play some different genre except the ones they advertise for. say, if im going to a psy trance rave i dont expect the DJ to play dubstep or minimal, it will just kill the atmosphere. however, if i go for a multi-genre night or something, yeah, id like the DJ play different type. everyone likes surprises, i would like DJ play some new producers track instead of the famous ones, thats how i call a surprise.

iv been to Berghain in different times, yes there are tourists, there are also tourists go for the thrill, but there are tourists go for the music. whats wrong with the tourists anyway, a good party means diversity, you have tourists you have locals , we mix together and make a great time. thats the point. whats wrong with check out the mythical place? people are curious by nature, and they might as well fell in love with great music too. Bar 25 was cool, Tresor iv never been, Watergate i dont really like. but after all, this kind of club parties for me are not as good as outdoor events, or those in abandoned places. i dont think i try to glorify any of these places, im just comparing, and yes, i do bash on BJ nightlife and i will bash it until i find some decent music and decent people to party with. however i do recognize local promoters are making a great change, like those parties in Haze, siif,school etc. im not denying them and actually im happy that more people trying to let the electronic culture in china now.

International acts? well, im not a big fan of big names, sven vath was cool in the old days, i think he is rather over drugged in the recent years and just relying on his Cocoon label...Calvin Harris?well, quite commercial , actually Pendulum is cool, although again the big hits , but i like them.

yes iv been to Haze, i know that place is a uber hot spot these days. except the posh decor i quite like it. if there is any party which is not house music, i will be more than happy to go :D

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

@Kyle, yeah infected mushroom!!! im craving for some Goa/Psy tracks these days..... actually i heard in thailand thare r plenty jungle raves..... not the commerical Full Moon Parties i mean.

• Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:

jocoby brothers

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.