Discussion » Nonsense » quitting smoking

• G
    G wrote:
    <p>anybody here who has had the experience of quitting smoking?</p> <p>i am now trying to quit smoking but sometimes feel quite painful. it's probably bcz the negative effect of nicotine. i know it's not easy but this time i gotta try best...</p>
  • Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

make a list of reasons that why u want to quit smoking and when u feel painful, just put it out and read aloud if by any chance that the list loses its power, doesn't work to u anymore, u could continue to smoke without any feeling of guilty or regret.

• nobody
    nobody wrote:

quit is good for everybody ...

• Yang
    Yang wrote:

why do u wanna quit smoking in the first place?

• G
    G wrote:

thank you buddies...

day 5 for me...

mentally, i can control the inner desire of smoking...the painful thing for me is the chaos in my mind resulted from lacking of the nicotine...i become unpatient and irritable for 1 to 2 hours in the afternoon...after that i get back to normal...

it sucks...and i am worried this is gonna affect my work....

• Yang
    Yang wrote:

Maybe you can try coffee? Gum? just get yourself bit distracted during that time :)

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

alt text

ECiggy 4 now

• G
    G wrote:

Actually it looks so hard but it is, in reality, so simple...Just hang in and never give up...No matter how paiful it is...

I want to get out of the situation of 1-2 hours blank-out in the afternoon...So I don't know how long the nicotine will take effect in my body and on my mind....

• G
    G wrote:

@Jelly Splinger I went and bought some Nicorette chewing gums and it controlled the shaking. There is a danger of becoming addicted to these products. It is better that smoking, I do recommend that after a month you should be of the gum and chewing normal gum.

So it would be better to take some Nicorette chewing gums to control the 1-2 hours of so called Nicotine withdrawl effect? Where can I buy it?

D6...Feel better and better...But I sleep less and eat more...Sometimes blank out...

• G
    G wrote:

Thanks Jelly. I'll buy it in HK if necessary...

D8...better...but i sleep like 4-5 hours a day...wake up at 6 am...is it the response of quitting smoking?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.