Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » status updates don't work

• Tobias Patrick
    Tobias Patrick wrote:
    <p>None of my status updates, picture changes, etc. are getting displayed on the start page anymore. Less-then-ideal to promote parties and make friends.... Any suggestions/conclusions?</p> <p>Cheers</p>
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

It works fine for me to post both from my profile and from the activity page. I've added a ticket for it, so it will be looked into as soon as we get time.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

could you hit F5 a few times. check again, and let me know exactly what happens?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... the fact that we need to F5 in order to "get" everything appearing on the screen, translates that this site (or certain pages) has far too much that need to be loaded ... I am sure Weibo and Facebook dont have such issue, right?

If certain "packet" (or "javlet" or whatever it is called these days) are NOT necessary on every page, is it necessary to load EVERYTHING on every page?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Ding Dong: we have some unsolved issues with the asset (js/css) combiner that will be resolved shortly. When that's done, the combine file will have a new name each time we've done a change and the users will not have to hit F5.

And no, it doesn't have to do with the amount of assets loaded. But yes, we're looking into how we can load even less at every page load, but that is not related to performance or anything as it's all in your cache anyways.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Still, good work, Rome wasn't built during the Superbowl. I have no issues on Firefox right now.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.