Discussion » Beijing Life » What do you think about the beijingers and their c

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    <p>Let´s share our opinions and thoughts about beijingers (in english/chinese whatever)</p> <p>I always have two thoughts in my mind about them, </p> <p>Since that epic screwup in the big square in 1989, seems that beijingers have very little to say about how govern their own city. Poor guys, they made a bad bet. <em>They are strangers in their own city</em></p> <p>Given that the difference in the cost of living between major cities and towns is huge. You always can find a skilled worker willing to work for a shit wage (shit wage at least since the point of view of a citizen from a major city, of course). That´s good news for the companies and employers, bad news for the workers from beijing. <em>If you are from Beijing, and you want to work in your city and have a good salary, you are pretty fucked.</em></p>
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

the most impressive part of beijingers to me is their bad temper

jajaja yep, agree with that, muy mala hostia

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... what Ophelia said has somehow reminded me of those Chinese movies (and TV series) about ancient time when students (scholars) traveled a long distance to the capital (Beijing, or any other old capital cities) for examinations, with hope to gain a position in the government ... which might explain the "behaviour" that Ophelia described ...

In many ways, it might be similar to how some Americans feel about NYC and Washington, or the British about London ... these are the cities of opportunities, but unlike Shanghai, Beijing is for scholars who want to serve the people and government, whereas Shanghai has always been a city for business ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

jajaja, bueno tú estás viviendo en España, nada se puede comparar a los taxistas de Madrid, lo puto peor :P

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

DD, your wife is from Beijing, right? she has bad temper or not? :P

alt text

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... 豆腐, keeping in mind that those animals are at bay, I will tell you later ... by the way, how did you know what's my avatar on MSN? ;)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... ah?

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

DD, I didn't know it, I also like those cartoons. The relation between Grey Wolf and Red Wolf...how well it represents the essence of the chinese wife!! I'm sure the poor wolf wasn't aware that his delicate flower was going change to an iron queen after marry :P

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it's ok ... I picked that avatar a few years ago before I even knew who they were, and many people have commented that my "role" at home is a fairly good match with the Grey Wolf character, heehee ...

I'm sure the poor wolf wasn't aware that his delicate flower was going change to an iron queen after marry :P

... I think I can answer for him ... "no" ... heehee ...

that's not his avatar, he was joking with u.

... no, Ophelia, I am dead serious ... below is an old screen dump of a MSN chat, from maybe a year ago :)

alt text

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

oye, @ A 豆腐, que significa tu nombre

**Chinese kids in the wushu school make fun of me when they pronounce my name -Adolfo- , they pronounce A 豆腐...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... Ophelia ... I have no way to prove that I have been using this MSN avatar for a few years, but if you want to find out if I am using it now, send me your MSN ...

• J WU
    J WU wrote:

To defense for ourselves, as a Beijing Native. No offense. We are not that bad temper as mentioned before, otherwise I should be chanting here. We just speak straight forward, without any 'Subtitles'. You might wrongly take it as a kind of offensive speech, but as long as u get used to it, u ll find we r easy going and honest to everyone. To be fair, ur nonsense about the bad smell and steal money things is really easy to get native people pissed off. No matter where r u from, I don t really think u have any opportunities to meet lots of native Beijingers, even I couldnt. So plz get things clear before u make comment, r they real beijingers? who should be blamed for this chaos?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... heehee ... people, people ... remember: half full Vs half empty ...

... who is to say that one (or a few) particular individual is a home-grown Beijinger, just because he/she speaks Mandarin, or he/she claims so? It is like, not every Cantonese speaker in Hong Kong are HKese, and not every American living in NYC are home-grown Yankees ... and similar examples go on for pages and pages ...

I can possibly say that I have met my fair share of home-grown BJers (due to family reason, heehee, and from other circles) as well as many from other cities and provinces, and there is NO one particular type of home-grown BJers, though home-grown BJers do tend to exhibit these two particular behaviours:

--- 1 ---

they get defensive when people make any negative comment about BJers (like J Wu above), or at least use explanations such as those badly behaved individuals are from outside BJ, whereas non home-grown often dont care, however, exceptions are those non BJ origin but were born here, and those have grown attached to the capital ...

... when I wrote "home-grown", I kindly of loosely refer to BJ descendent for at least a few generations, not those from other cities and provinces ... also notice that I said "particular", not "peculiar", because I have come across Australian (espcially Queenslanders, heehee), and Canadian individuals who exhibited very similar behaviour ... I see it as more a "pride" for being a capital-ist ...

--- 2 ---

Home-grown BJers seem to have very low tolerance for badly spoken Mandarin, whereas non home-grown have a bit more patience ... exceptions are the taxi drivers, many of them are very friendly home-grown BJers who had been in BJ for generations, and are used to non BJers with accents ... and the post 70 and beyond, who might have come back from overseas, or have at least met many different individuals from difference backgrounds ...

A "brief" conclusion...

Keeping in mind that the capital, like any other major cities in China and foreign countries, has a huge mix of individuals from different towns, cities and provinces of China, it is not logical, or even perhaps very silly, to generalize BJers in the first place (sorry A豆腐) ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@J Wu, bad temper-mala hostia- from where I come from, that´s a good thing, at least, is a sign of strong character.

@DD, you are right, let´s make other thread :P

• Teresa
    Teresa wrote:

@Ophelia wrote: the most impressive part of beijingers to me is their bad temper,

HEY GRIL! BE CAREFUL WITH UR WORDS! EACH PLACE HAS THE BAD TEMPER PPL!

• Simen Wangberg

^SOMEONE MAD

• Teresa
    Teresa wrote:

oye, @ A 豆腐, que significa tu nombre

**Chinese kids in the wushu school make fun of me when they pronounce my name -Adolfo- , they pronounce A 豆腐...

i named you!puta!!

• Teresa
    Teresa wrote:

oh i dont have the right, then you have? you are talking about my city and the ppl in my city!be careful! ERES MIERDA!!!

• Simen Wangberg

BOTH OF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ANNOYING AND PETTY

I SEE YOU EXERCISE IT WELL

CONGRATS

CITIZENS.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

这话题是你男朋友发起的,你怎么也没个表态啊。

Ophelia, what did you mean? maybe we should exchange languages ... I can teach you body language (you are not interested in Cantonese, right?) and you can teach me Spanish :)

... by the way, just to be fair, are you sure those were 100% home-grown BJers that you met? or Chinese from outside BJ?

• J WU
    J WU wrote:

Those who made arrogant and discriminatory comment on our Chinese, I feel much sympathy for you being kicked out by ur own country that made yourself tortured in this so called 'horrible city'. I think there is no way to cure here already, just like every big city in the world, will u think about escaping to another 'heaven' city for an ideal life? btw, remember to bring your PERFUUUUUME!

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

hahahaha...i am totally agree with you J WU,hahahaha...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

they can't live without perfume for some "reasons"...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(续)先换台!Ophelia,你是上海人嘛?我们的距离又拉近一些了,嘻嘻!

你说的这个出租车的例子,当然,你遇到的司机的个人质素(北方话是“素质”)是一个问题,但,可能我比较好运,因为就像我上面说的,我碰到过的出租车司机,很多都很好!我不懂得分辨“北京腔”,所以,我其实不能说,那个是北京人,或那个是外地来的,除非是他们自己跟我说!而,关于“拒载”的问题,我有一个比较啰嗦,但很好的理由,如果你愿意听,我们可以继续说,或,我可以另外跟你说!

客观的看看。。。北京有两千万人,把外国人删掉(包括外国出生的华人),仍然还是两千万人(嘻嘻),里面“龙蛇混杂”,有世世代代都在北京的,有第二代,第三代北京人(父母是外地来的),还有就是刚刚来北京的,我没有去研究数据,但,但,估计每一组怎么都有几百万,而,不可能几百万都是好,或不好!广东话是:一样米样百样人,更何况是两千万人?

就像我说,要是你说纽约的人不好,他们可能也会把“责任”推给外地,或外国来的人,而,事实是,那边确实比较容易分辨谁是外地来的,因为他们对于口音的要求不高,或,只有少数人觉得东岸(或纽约)口音是身份的象征!这样让我想到第三个,北京不好的地方(跟上面我说的第二点有关系),就是口音!

--- 3 ---

我留意到,很多人都会用“腔调”去把一个人“分类”,比方说,北方 Vs 南方,北京 Vs 上海,然后硬给人家安上一个“典型”,其实这个对嘛?因为,事实是,北方人在南方呆的久了,口音也变了(相反的例子也有),但,这不一定是把这个人改变了的原因啊!

这个,显出了一部分人的无知!

啊,补充一句,在这个论坛,或网站,你应该找不到多少人,会比我更不喜欢北京,如果,你要我写他们不好的地方,我写几天也写不完,但,我坚持,好的北京人,甚至,好的中国人,还是有的!

换英文台。。。

J Wu... yours is a 9-digit number, so you are not new around here, but my guess is that you probably did not come to the forum often? FYI, "Those who made arrogant and discriminatory comment on our Chinese" (I think you meant campsuma and verita ditta, right?) are likely to be ONE single person, and they (he) said it because they want to stir people up, so, obviously, getting back at them (or him) is exactly what they want, and it is the worst (or if you dont mind, "most stupid) thing you could have ever done ... I urge you to either ignore, or dont get too "excited" ...

• J WU
    J WU wrote:

@叮当叔叔,恩我好早以前就注册了这个,不过后来很忙就好几年没来,就不知道现在行情了。。恩 我刚才又看了几个帖子,觉得这里现在混迹着好多来挑事的人。。。忽略忽略掉。谢谢提醒^_^

• Bobo
    Bobo wrote:

假的@Luna 你连做猪都不配,,做猪都抬举你了,,copy我的图像

• Bobo
    Bobo wrote:

假@Luna 我告诉你啊,姑奶奶我就是有时间,,而且有耐性,,你要和我玩,,我让你手指发软,,

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(续)。。。又换中文台?你们就不累嘛?呵呵。。。

J Wu,不要客气什么的,我们都是来'贫'的,'豆腐'就由Teresa去收拾吧,他喜欢,呵呵!

Luna,我很有兴趣,哦,应该是非常有兴趣,了解一下下,你打算怎么让他手指发软?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.