Discussion » Music » Be curious.

• Peter S 李贝勒
    Peter S 李贝勒 wrote:
    <p>I teached music in china 4 years. I was almost chocked by my students and their culture in music. It seems that they don't know the basics. Maybe that's why i was there??? ;-) I mean, here in china people didn't lived the "boom" that we had at the end of the 60's and the beginning of the 70's. Several students even don't know Led Zepplin... So i give u a list of what u should listen and an album If u think that i forgot something from this periode who's important just add it!!!</p> <p>Led Zepplin "led zepplin II" Ac Dc "dirty deeds..." Beatles "white album" Miles Davis "bitches brew" Jimi hendrix "electric ladyland" Herbie hancock with the headhunters " thrust" Carlos santana "Santana" Weather Report "Black market" Parliament and funkadelic "let's take it to the stage" Doors "L.A women" Pink Floyd "atom heart mother" David Bowie " choose urself" Franck zappa "hot rats" Kraftwerk "kraftwerk" James Brown "sex machine" Queen... And that's a good start...</p>
  • Peter S 李贝勒

I forgot Bob Marley"catch a fire"

• Peter S 李贝勒

Sorry for that. I gave the name of the artist and in between the " it's the title of the album...

Led Zepplin "led zepplin II"

Ac Dc "dirty deeds..."

Beatles "white album"

Miles Davis "bitches brew"

Jimi hendrix "electric ladyland"

Herbie hancock with the headhunters " thrust"

Carlos santana "Santana"

Weather Report "Black market"

Parliament and funkadelic "let's take it to the stage"

Doors "L.A women"

Pink Floyd "atom heart mother"

David Bowie " choose urself"

Franck zappa "hot rats"

Kraftwerk "kraftwerk"

James Brown "sex machine"

Queen...

And that's a good start...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Chinese people don't like the stuff I like, so I'm going to be a pedantic fuckhead and mansplain it to them in the form of a tedious and incoherent list. Did I mention a dubious former occupation of indulging in professorial condescension to the locals? I'm the OP and I am a gigantic faggot. Please rape my face.

Nice mixtape.

• Saint - Spartacus

chinese people

not have to be an european sheep ... ...

alt text

• Saint - Spartacus

hey , it's jay !

• Saint - Spartacus

@ Skaught , are u jealous, i can feel your hatred , : - )

• Peter S 李贝勒

Give my knowledge is my job. i'm a teacher since 10 years and musician since 20. Students or people don't understand! Great! here it's the challenge...

So, let me explain u... Music is a language. As a language u have to learn vocabulary. U have to understand this vocabulary to be able to use it. In music, the only way to understand is to listen and practice. Then, as in mathematics, u won't start by trying to solve an equation with 10x but u start by addition. In the music of the 70's u can find all the basics, that's why i advice to listen and study this periode... Most of the music teachers are agree with this... Then to bring them to this, i ask them to make me listen an artist they like. i always find where it comes from and an example from the 70's who will use the same kind of bass line or the same kind of harmony or riff or idea in the sound to prove what i say. It's only in jazz and in contemporary classical music that u can find real new ideas but in pop or funk or etcetc, most of the creation and new ideas are just a fusion between several differents esthetics...

About my list, it's not always something i like but i gave differents styles to let u discover differents things and because we all have differents tastes. U can listen ,reggae, pop, rock, blues rock, funk, jazz, jazz funk, jazz rock, and... My point is always the quality of the music or something with characteristics...

@skaught U just have to read a list then google and download. Things that i guess u do often cause u spend a lot of time on internet. Shi bu shi? ;-)

@joker U always be a joker... ;-)

@saintro since when having more culture is transforming u in a sheep?

@ julie zhu i already listened her. Good voice and sometimes i can find idea that i like but it's not my cup of tea.

Oh! and nobody else suggest others artists???

• Mari Vidste
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I don't understand this guy. Troll or stupid?

Neither. French.

• Saint - Spartacus

Neither french , H A HA HA ... ... i feel so sorry to laugh , but i just can not hold to not laugh at ... ... damn hard ... ~ ~ ! teaching ? en ha , teach for under 18 ? seems too hot to explain ~ ~ , ! here's cold ! what the fuck about your '' more culture'' ? OMG , you need to go HP's church now ~ ~

• Peter S 李贝勒

Wow...

Relax. Ok i do mistakes in chinese and in english. Sorry for that. Anyway my explanations are enough clear.

at least i laughed when i saw the pic...

Hey! If u want to listen and take the information u do. If u don't want, u don't. Easy... Me, i already know what i'm talking about. I should probably talk to musicians or student in music or people who are interested by, cause it seems that u re not. My mistake.

Anyway these artists are good to know and it's the music history who says it's not me. Do as u feel...

And i stay polite cause not my style to insult people i'm not rude but...

• Saint - Spartacus

those artists are for 16 years old child as a begining or even for those 12 years old , it's really normal. i wonder even for 30 years old people , what 's the difference ? ur self-concentrated ego makes u finally a frog not a man ... ... BTW those information have been Chewed over & over & over ... , an advise , do not estimate yourself be the only one who know sth and take it as a big deal . it's like . you shout loudly that u 've a big dick so everyone knows that you've big cock . and ? ok , u 've every right to show u Big '' Cock " .. u win , go on then ... ...

• Peter S 李贝勒

@ master panda

Yes yes, i don't have to forget metallica And the others for sure! But "kill em all" is 1983' album ( i bought it, i was 12) oh yeah!!! But i talked about the end of 60's and the beginning of 70's. So, the rolling stones are "in"... The orhers bands that u gave are all from the 80's or 90's...

@ saintro My cock on ur nose. To much anger into u my sweet, u strongly smell the frustrated girl. U need a huge cock strike or practicing yoga. And i advice u to stop to talk about music. if u knew half of the bands that i gave u won't say that that "miles" is for teenagers, my sweet retarded little lemon. So even if u pretend to already have all this informations and culture and knowledge, u missed something... oh, if u cannot find a man, go to a sex shop and buy a sex toy, it will be a good start for u...

• Saint - Spartacus

@ peter , i don't even give u my cock for anal coz u are out of the imagine to be that stupid . do u incest as u want . over ... ... @david , it's not a surprise that u use carrots for u girls .

• Peter S 李贝勒

@saintro I wonder if u know what a cock is? U should Meditate on David words...

@David Deep. ;-)

• Peter S 李贝勒

@ master (of puppets?:-) panda Kill em all is my favorite album! More basic and in berween speed metal and thrash. It's good that we talk about metallica! indeed they are directly coming from the 70's. They say that "black sabbath"( who starts in 1968) was a big influence to their music. Then, u know, the periode 83 to 90 was the birth of metal! And yes after this periode lot of bands are just a kind of copies with an improove sound... But but!!! U can always find good bands, but not often the most famous who are the best. U have to lose urself in internet to find something who will talk to u.

• Peter S 李贝勒

Of course!!! Fucking crazy talented guy!!! ronnie james dio in sabbath is "nui bi" Heaven and hell. ;-)

On my taste, the 3 biggest albums of thrash are : "kill em all", "beneath the remains" from sepultura and the "rain in blood" of slayer with the famous munch painting!!! Not for childrens... :-)

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for someone who has an ultra-conventional taste in music of my dad's generation and likes writing bald, pointless lists.

Seems this kind of person is very difficult to find on the internet.

• Peter S 李贝勒

@ master Yesss! about slayer but "rain in blood" ;-)

@ 卫三下三尺 wrote:

the historical context was not easy for chinese. But it's never to late to learn. sorry for all the ():;- i ll try to do better... ;-) (but i really don't pay attention to this)

@pomegranate U put the ur middle finger on the point. For u it's ultra conventionnel, but it's not for chinese. And it's not all the things i like but things that should be at least listen one time... And as i already said differents styles and important artists.

• Peter S 李贝勒

@ joep

Aahhahaha Yes! "Reign in blood"

If i was cartmann i said "screw u go back home" :-)

About the Floyd the wall and TFF :-)

The wall was wrote in 1979 or 80; ii forgot exactly, so it's little bite late about the periode i'd like we talk... But!!! It's something that chinese should know, the music and movie are from beyond the "nui bi" u definitly right! the generation conflict is a good and interesting point.

And about the radio 24/7

Mao turns in his grave if he knew that he gave birth to people who are ultra liberal and more capitalist than ever!!! :-)))

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.