Discussion » Music » D-22 is closing off or already closed??

• lkkkj
    lkkkj wrote:

(the article is last years)

Will D-22 Make It Through The New Year?

by alexjsearson | Posted on Dec 28 2011 | Beijing Nightlife http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/articles/blogs-beijing/the-beat/will-d-22-make-it-through-new-year/

This is the sort of breaking news that breaks hearts in the Beijing music scene.

Charles Saliba, one of the creative hands on the Maybe Mars deck, Tweeted out the following: "it seems that the 30 & 31 shows at D22 will be the biggest and last big shows ever. I wouldn't miss them if I were u." Responding to a question about whether he was serious or not, he replied, "Very serious. Go if u can. I guess it's time for us to do sth new..."

What that means for D-22, we can't quite be sure. The rumor mill is churning, and we're not sure if they will make it past Chinese New Year, but we can't say anything for sure until we get official word.

So if you weren't already planning to go to D-22's December 30 or New Year's Eve shows, you should definitely think about rescheduling now.

......? anyone was at d-22 on new year?

• Simen Wangberg

Official word on the closure has already been posted on numerous blogs, their last show is this Friday.

• Fredrik Emil Kiran

the first bad news in year of 2012

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

arent they going to open a new club near the old Gulou street?

• Fabian Kollen
    Fabian Kollen wrote:

it's dead. those fking rubbish English style band.

• Road
    Road wrote:

a new venue hold by maybemars will open soon,near gulou actually.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Newsflash: the new D-22 has already opened.

http://www.timeoutbeijing.com/features/Music/14697/Music-news-and-gossip.html

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.