Discussion » Beijing Life » Comedy Night (Wudaokou)

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    <p>Sorry for the late notice guys.</p> <p>Comedy Club China is putting on a stand-up comedy night at Lush On Thursday 12th Jan, 9pm-11.30pm.</p> <p>It promises to be a great show, seven stand-up comedians and me, CCC's Assfisting Director, to host.</p> <p>Do come along, it is completely free entry and the beer is cheap.</p> <p>Mwah</p>
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I want Pete to do a routine actually...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... with his phone?

• Simen Wangberg

Can Pete and Scott have a COMEDY-OFF?

To be honest Scott, I expected more from your performance at Fubar, although you sounded kind of drunk, so whatever.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

On a side note there is an open-mic night at Tushuguan 98 in Gulou this evening 8pm. I'm going scouting for talent (every which way)....

If anyone fancies trying there hand at a bit of stand-up perhaps tonight is the night.

• Father Of Boring

Yeah, earlier notice next time! I would show up for this so hard if I hadn't already made plans involving a plane.

• Jørgen Knudsen

Comedy night? sounds fun! I am in!! btw how do i get there? all I know in Wudaoko is Propaganda as far as I can remember ^^

• Simen Wangberg

"Hopefully they have 燕京/青岛 on tap."

Sorry Pete, but Lush is the ONLY bar in Beijing that does not serve at least one of those beers. They don't have chopsticks there, either. OH FUCK

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I'm on board, I just put off my other program to attend this comedy night

• Simen Wangberg

"One disappointed customer. Four billion to go. I promise to be even more disappointing this time. I'm thinking of just reading old fortune cookie messages, so we'll see how that goes over."

You should've gone off on the self-immolation bit. Actually the crowd was kinda "eh" about everything, it seemed. I wasn't drunk enough to get rowdy by the time you came on, otherwise it could've been amazing. I'm gonna heckle the shit out of you if anyone can convince me to go all the way to w00t-daokou.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

u guys will do something different this time or the same with the other night in fubar?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm goin'. I'll stay long enough to write something this time, too.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Awesome guys, great that there is interest.

The show will be pretty similar to the Fubar one, hence doing it on the opposite side of Beijing.

Skaught is my song and dance man who I just use to abuse the audience.

Cheng- talk to me, we can never have enough racism in our shows.

Mcbro, this time you can be in the audience. Next time I want a full 10 minute routine about you nailing hos, watching ping-pong shows, and generally bossing WudaoKou.....

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Can't find a piano, what about a tambourine?

• Keera Lee Farrington

i really wish i could be there carlos, and laugh enthusiastically on regular intervals because you are so funny ! x

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

Can you post the address here? I dont know where Lush is.

If it were not that great as "promised", can you do whatever the audience demand:P.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Keera my darling, you are too kind.

Mengmeng, the address is:

Wudaokou 五道口 2/F, Bldg 1, Huaqing Jiayuan, Chengfu Lu (across from the Wudaokou light-rail station), Haidian District 海淀区成府路华清嘉园1号楼2层(五道口城铁站对面)

And of course, if it not as great as promised the comedians will do as you command. Skaught, in particular, will do anything.

• Father Of Boring

Also recently watch you step around these parts, there is a serial pooper in the midst, who ever this person is he/she takes huge dumps on the sidewalk. Also there is frozen puke as well from people eating 麻辣汤 and sensations booze.

Same thing around Gongti. Right around Fubar. Where they also host a comedy night.

C'mon guys, the mystery poop/frozen puke thing is getting a little old. I don't even know how you people can crap and puke that much. With all that digesting, you're just begging for acid reflux. Or are you paying people to do this for you? I mean, it's not funny anymore, but I'm still fascinated by how you actually manage. I mean, if you're paying, how do you recruit? What about quality control? How do you give the vomit that acrid alcoholic tinge that I can smell EVEN THOUGH IT'S FROZEN? And I don't really see it supplanting the income you'd make from a day job, y'know?

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I've told you all before, there is no way I'm doing a Comedy Night with out a hefty dose of frozen shit and puke in the vicinity- it's the way we roll. Deal with it...

• Father Of Boring

Do you do ANYTHING without a hefty dose of frozen shit and puke in the vicinity?

• Simen Wangberg

What's going to happen when it gets warm out?

• Father Of Boring

No offense intended to any parties targeted, it's just...I kinda can't help it.

What's going to happen when it gets warm out?

Why do you think they invented coolers and ice cream trucks?

i used to have lots of pictures on my phone to prove to disbelievers of the very real threat to shoes in the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crush_fetish

GET MORE HOT PICS AT STREETSMEAR.COM, BEIJING'S FIRST AND ONLY FECAL CRUSH SITE. Copyright 2012 Pete McBrostein.

many still refuse to except the fact its human shit, only humans shit in such a manner that it looks like softserve chocolate ice cream.

I've been watching shit for all my life. I know shit from shit. I've seen every kinda shit you can imagine, I've even tasted some of it. Bear shit, fossilized shit, diseased shit, bird shit, all kinds of shit. I've measured shit trajectories and fall patterns, I've traced the anthropological consequences of shit down through the ages. I can smell a man's shit and tell you where he was born, how many kids he has, and where his wife works. I know shit, and only a human can shit like that.

I did a little investigation on the matter, recording evidence and profiling suspects in the community.

In fact, it's all I do, and I do it well. Flush, Wudaokou, because I'll be watching.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Anyway, there is an event created for people who are coming on Thurs

http://weliveinbeijing.com/events/p/1000001591//comedy-club-china-@-lush/

As you can see, all the hip kids are going to there (all six of them)...

• TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:

Is the chap who spoke about starving children and breast cancer going be there this time?

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

errr, ask Skaught about that....

• Simen Wangberg

Scott, your MySpace fanclub said you're gonna pack a sweet jumpsuit.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Dammit McBro, we need you there...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

It is a work in progress but we have finally got up our website:

www.comedyclubchina.com

Even with a pic of Skaught in full peformance mode...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Thanks to everyone that came last night, great show.

Skaught, I have some awesome video of you on the piano, will have to get the footage to you somehow...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

We are doing another event in Sanlitun at the end of Feb (100% brand new material). I will post full details in the next few days; we're thinking of getting a stripper in to add to the events, already louche, charm. Any volunteers?

We also are arranging a few open-mic nights in Sanlitun for those who want to try their hand at a bit of stand-up....

Oh and we created a group at last

http://weliveinbeijing.com/groups/group.rails?Gid=1000002526

Feel free to join

Right, I'm off to the pub.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Yeah, think Dando is gonna do it, but he is being a real bitch about the money

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Good call, know he will go for it...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.