Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Getting Over The Pain of Our Past

• Rodney Hollingsworth 大威力
    Rodney Hollingsworth 大威力 wrote:
    <p>It is often stated that "Hurt people hurt people." I find that to be an absolutely true statement as there's no evidence of someone putting up a guard or a wall of defense to protect themselves if they've never gotten hurt before. The pain of our past installs a fear in us that leads to an insecurity, i.e. lack of trust.</p> <p><strong>"This is too good to be true, maybe they will hurt me like all the other people I've let into my life or shared my innermost secrets with. I should just run away from the friendship or whatever it is that we're having so that I don't get hurt again."</strong></p> <p>Those fears are understandable however, they could become excuses that stagnates our growth. Supposed the very people or thing that we feel will hurt us end up being one of the best experiences of our lives. The truth is, while we're putting up guards and wall to protect ourselves, we're only damaging ourselves even the more. And we'll run everybody away. Yes misery loves company; but company doesn't always love misery.</p> <p>There is a truth in the saying that <strong>we don't get what we want out of life; only what we prepare for.</strong> It is also true that <strong>we attract who we are, for what's in our heart leads us to making certain decisions which shapes the circumstances of our lives.</strong></p> <p>Let us now say goodbye to our past. For how can we move forward if we keep focusing on what should be behind us now?</p> <p>Selah</p>
  • Reply from Mari Vidste is flagged as not relevant.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Who said that OP should write a thread from ur taste? Why can't people disregard a thread if it doesn't interests them? How far stupid and idiot Scott and Co can go? U don't own this webshit. I'm reminding u.

• Reply from 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) is flagged as not relevant.

• Reply from 随便叫兽 is flagged as not relevant.

• Reply from 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) is flagged as not relevant.

• Reply from A豆腐 is flagged as not relevant.

• Ajantha Manohar

Mini Yes Sir is out, he doesn´t see any reason to trolling Rodney´s thread

btw, Nice words, bro! keep writing to this forum

• Jessica
    Jessica wrote:

I agree with you although it is hard to do it.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Cheng, you make too much it's a pity that u got a mashed face, u can't get a guy to suck ur lil dick.

Dangers of living in Asia: those with a moderate command of the English language suddenly think they're Shakespeare. But not the humble ones, of course. Compared to David Findley, however, Rodney is freaking Oscar Wilde. They should collaborate on David's philosophical work examining the essence of existence.

@Scott, u r blabbing too much.U claimed to to be holding a master in anthropology. Have we seen something related in that field on this site u r lively active each day? I'd like to attend ur kindergarten teaching to make sure. Or,buying razor each week to shave girl pussies means anthropological work u r ministering in China? I wish Obama is happy with ur job in Beijing. Kudos!

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

alt text

Cause this thread is hilarious. LOL look what dude had to do.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

alt textThe secretary of the Hooligans

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.