Discussion » Gaming » Nintendo

• Cheng
    Cheng wrote:
    <p>Anyone here a Nintendo fan?</p> <p>I grew up playing Nintendo games in the 64 era. I was one of the people who had a GameCube as well. My favourite game would be The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, despite the negative press the game gets for being childish. It's a breath of fresh air for me, the graphics have an innocent feel.</p> <p>Recently, the company has tried to appeal more to a wider audience but they are still making wonderful games that have that 'Nintendo feel'. </p> <p>Luigi would have to be the character I adore the most.</p> <p>I know people in China rarely get a chance to play Nintendo games, since the company rarely releases anything into the market here.</p>
  • Simen Wangberg

"Tell me you agree that Goldeneye is the greatest Nintendo 64 game ever."

Seconded. If you should happen upon a Nintendo 64 console, I challenge you now to a duel. Pistols in the Temple at ten paces.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I became a Sony fanboy at some point during the N64's development. And I had been playing Unreal mods on the PC when Goldeneye came out. Console FPS still continues to elude me.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Agreed on Goldeneye, though Ocarina of Time was probably my favourite game on the N64. I never got around to playing Perfect Dark though, as it finally came out around the time I switched to Sony.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I think we call agree that the Sega Master System II was the the pinnacle of console gaming. 'Alex Kidd' built in..magic.

• Patrick Coleman

i grew up with the nintendo family computer with mario brothers and donkey kong, after that changed to playstation 1, 2 and now playstation 3. best game for me is the nba live series, gran turismo series, metal gear solid series, now getting older no interest in games. hhahahaha

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Art D,

Growing up is a bummer, but MGS is a pretty goddamned classy-epic way to finish gaming. That series is a work of art.

Old Snake is old.

(manly tears)

• 随便叫兽
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

I am Beijing's biggest Nintendo fan. If anyone wants to Challenge me come get some.

I own/owned:

• 2 NES systems
    • 3 SNES systems
    • N64
    • Gamecube
    • Wii
    • Gameboy FAT
    • Gameboy FAT (In yellow)
    • Gameboy Advance
    • Gameboy Advance SP
    • Nintendo DS Fat
    • Nintendo DS Lite
    • Nintendo DSi
    • Nintendo 3DS

When I first arrived in China I played competitive Mario Kart DS for a club in Baoding. Haven't really found anything here in Beijing. If anyone's interested in forming a Nintendo club, I'm down for it.

I'm currently knee deep in Mario Kart 7 for 3DS, Super Mario 3D Land, Rhythm Heaven for Wii, and found an original Rhythm Heaven for GBA second hand while on a trip to Tokyo a few months ago.

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

@ Cheng

If anything Nintendo REALLY wants to do business here and has done more things officilaly here in the console market than any other outside company. There's technically a law banning home consoles but Nintendo got around those with it's iQUE line of machines. The first was a hybrid SNES / N64 inside a controller that plugged into you TV. They also used the iQUE line for DS as well.

Loads of info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

@ Pavoir

Yes mate it was all about Master System II in the UK. Europe was one of their best markets. Did you know there was another secret game in that thing aside from Alex the Kidd?

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

@ Daniel

You really missed out on Perfect Dark. Really one of my favorite FPS of all time. The team who made that and Goldeneye went on to make the Timesplitters series.

Strangely, I just couldn't get into any other FPS after that one, perhaps not until the Metroid Prime (Not a real FPS) or Modern Warfare games

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

I have the golden gun........

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Ocarina Of Time > all others.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

SNES - Super Metroid NES - The Super Mario Brothers

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.