Discussion » Technology » [Boring stuff] How much is too much?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:
    <p>...</p> <p>Hahahahaha ... recently, I have been kind of hooked into "online bidding", particularly the one called 财迷老道 from China's Groupon (which has been pointed out before that it has no relation to Groupon.com) ... </p> <p><a href="http://pai.groupon.cn/">http://pai.groupon.cn/</a></p> <p>I will spare you all how Groupon.com.cn made its profit, but from the buyer's point of view, if done right (I have not quite figured out what is right yet), you can get something really nice (assuming genuine, not fakes) at a very low price, for example:</p> <ol> <li><p>Canon EOS 600D, RRP at 4999rmb, someone got it at 15.51rmb</p></li> <li><p>Sony 14inch laptop (unknown model number), RRP at 3799rmb, someone got it at 9.78rmb</p></li> <li><p>Burberry handbag, RRP at 6830rmb, someone got it at 139.26 rmb</p></li> <li><p>etc etc etc ...</p></li> </ol> <p>... and this is all very good ... however, one thing I cannot understand, is why would anyone bid 40+ rmb for a wireless mouse that's worth only 39rmb? It does not look like they are looking for bargain, but fighting for it ...</p> <p>Your thought?</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee .. no, it's nothing to do with fake or genuine ...

I meant, if it is some national treasure or fine art, whose values will go up, I can understand if people would bid more than the asking price ... but why would people bid 40+ for something that's only worth 39 ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

Desperate to win and be recognized..like mini Yes sir

... said the Chicken who has lost his head ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Lee, of all the WLIBer I had a chance to "talk" to, you are definitely far from the "stupid" ...

If you have the patience (and lots of luck), you can certainly try to bid for a iPad or iPhone etc ... you will need to pay for it though, each bid will cost you 60 cents (6 maos) ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.