Discussion » Travel » thinking of fire my boss and relocate to Vietnam,

• WeLiveInBeijingRess
    WeLiveInBeijingRess wrote:

1: any Vietnamese here? any advice?

2: how is the weather?

3: will it be easy for me to find a job there? can i teach Chinese there?

4: do they dislike Chinese ppl?

5: any other advices?

6: i also decided i will learn Vietnamese if i go, but it seems a non-popular language, how should I learn it? anybody has rosetta stone for Vietnamese?

7: would language be a big problem? is English enough there?

8: how is chinese-teaching job there?

i am bored with my current life, i think it's time to make a change, any advice is appriciated, i have a lot more to ask but can't remember all of them now, i will add more later, i am also thinking about Laos, what do u think of Laos? but i think Laos would be the next, and what do u recommend me to do or see if i go? thanks a lot

well, now i am thinking maybe i shouldn't try to teach chinese there, i should some other job, any suggestion?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

thanks, cheng, i am going for the different culture for sure, not to go for a language-teaching job or making money, well, it would be cool if i can find some business opportunities there, but this is not the reason i go, who knows what is gonna happen, i am going to learn new things, new life style, new culture, to open my eyes, their history.......but i need a job to support me, if i get bored there i will move to next place soon, and if they r all boring i will consider other places in the world, but thinking it's not easy for chinese ppl to go, and i can come back whenever i want, thanks a lot, anymore information?

about the language learning, altho i've never been out of China before, but i know quite a lot foreigners lived here for years still don't speak chinese, isn't this a imaginative assumption? i mean ppl tend to think like this: u will learn the local language soon as long as u live there, but it doesn't always seems true, i am not gonna spend money to learn language there, i learn other languages with rosetta stone, which is amazing software, but those r popular languages like spanish and french, italian(less popular but i still can get the software), i can't find any software for Vietnamese, maybe i should just buy some books, but i guess it would be hard for me to learn the pronounciation

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... PK, not sure how much help it would be, but I think you should talk to Michelle Pham ...

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

she is the only Vietnamese i see here, i thought about it before, but don't see her often, i will wait for her here, thanks Michelle

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

if they hate chinese, well, this is cool, as long as they don't try to kill me, i will try to protect myself, and will be modest, i mean is it dangerous? i guess they hate americans as well, but americans still go and had fun, i know an american person who showed me the pics he took in Vietnam, one is hu-chi-ming leads Vietnamese to kill americans (it is a New Year picture posted on the wall of local Vietnamese where he did home-stay), he told me he couldn't help laughing when he saw this, thought it was really funny, he is a optimist person, so am i, so as long as it's not dangerous for me to go, that's enough

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

btw is all the Vietnamese girls that hot? what does she do here?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

cheng

You'll have to lower your standard of living, it also depends on the city like China

ummm, my standard of living is not so well off here, how much lower it would be? and i wouldn't really mind that, the spammer will explain to u how worse china is, do they spit btw?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

do they spit btw?

PK ... dont go there ... one spammer (and all his clones) is too many ...

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

philipines is cool, but Vietnam is just on my mind now, can't stop thinking about it, i will go to the Philipines eventually, but i am thinking about Vietnam would be the first, also Thailand......

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

hey, pls tell me if u went to Vietnam before or not, thanks

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

@Skaught Clone

I took a Chinese girl there on vacation, and she wants to move back for good. She felt like a rock star there -- like white people in China.

i am not interested in taking advantages of innocent ppl, also i never try to make me superior or something, i treat westerners better is because they deserve it, they r better-mannered, i'd treat them worse if they were ill-mannered, i will try to localize myself wherever i go, but thanks for the imformation, and i wonder why the pinoys adore chinese so much?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

errrr, i am sure i'd beat u if we discuss this in chinese, so this started as an unfair argument, and i am a phony person, so i am not gonna argue with u, thanks for the information again, u r welcome to give more

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

@Skaught Clone

i didn't say anything bad about the Philipines, they do look friendly but i am afraid it's already to popular and over-touristlized, i didn't focuse on the bus incident, it happens anywhere, and didn't u try to see worse things about Vietnam??? try to think some thing good about it, i am sure u can, come on

Localize yourself to bowls of bland watered-down noodles and shit-talking behind your back in Vietnam.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

thanks MIB, i will think about the Philipines, but if i can be honest i'd say Vietnam is still my first option, maybe Laos, i will go to Philipines and Thailand eventaully, i guess we focuse on different things in life, i will probably never care about politics, and i am too dum to understand economics, i have other opinion and explaination about languages, but it's not important to comment here, i'd be content enough if i can earn money that is enough for me to live there and food, beers, i don't plan to save any and take them back to china, 5K sounds good, but i am sure u'd be disappointed to hear this, anyway, thanks a lot, the advices are still useful when i want to go to Philipines

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i'd probably learn local Philipine language if i go there, it just excites me

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] If Americans can make rmb 10K teaching English in China

If they work two part-time jobs during the week and take one weekend job, then they can easily make more than 22-24K or even more!!

5k teaching chinese could sound good, when most of the chinese working in Shangdi Distric gain around 3-4 k (before taxes)

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Do it. Do it. Do it.

If it doesn't work out, come back. You are bound to learn something....

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

Pavoir Sponse

i think the same, some ppl would think this is messing around, but i don't wanna build many things that tie me up

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Well, all the foreigners on here did the same thing, and look at them.

Er, actually...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Hey now.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

What this discussion lacks is cock sauce.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

it's just a start, i will go to other places one by one, Vietnam is just on my mind at the moment, i don't wanna go places r too popular that everybody talks about, well, i will but in the future, it looks fascinating to me, i saw some movies about it, looks really cool, movies makes up a big deal in my life, my life is affected by it a lot, i am also thinking about Turkey, do u have any comment? i only kill pimples on some certain object, don't worry too much about it, and i change my profile pic all the time to show what is on my mind

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

单独子儿 (随便叫兽)

what is cock sauce? why u always try to be such a nasty person?

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Vietnam is bloody great, Skaughty.

And cock sauce rocks, Dando's is the spiciest though, tangy...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

great food, weather, whores, scams, history, religion, it's edgy.

I met a girl there who does bareback anal, and doesn't mention she is whore til the next morning. As I said, awesome place.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Uffy, Conan, Kyle, Pimple, Dando, Mini Yes Sir, HP and McBrostein are the only guys I can think of I've nailed anally (on here at least). Sure there are others

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Uffy's the best anal lay I ever had (outside family)...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The only hot thing about Vietnam is cock sauce. This thread needs moar of it.

Come on. Just turn off Google SafeSearch and you'll know what I'm talking about.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

now pls what kind of job i can do either in Vietnam or Philipines except for teaching Chinese

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

I can guess what that is, whatever, scooter, i was picking my nose, u ruined it

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

Cheng, don't mean anything bad, but ur comment number is 69, just wanted to tell u, (giggle), man, i am lame too

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.