Discussion » Beijing Life » Why no after-parties, Beijing?

• Father Of Boring
    Father Of Boring wrote:
    <p>I am sick and tired of winding down my night at 5am. Seriously, I'm not tired, you're not tired, why are we going home? Why do all the good bars close at 2am, and the latest slimey hellholes at 5? Sometimes you have a lot more ex and nowhere left to use it. Fuck's sake. Where's the after-party, yo?</p>
  • Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

father, dont u know its china law?

• Father Of Boring

If you're not ready for the privacy of home at 5am, you may be on drugs and/or homeless/jobless.

See...no. I both have a job, am not usually that drunk or on drugs (despite the reference), and have a home. And I'm not the only one with a flexible work schedule and irregular sleeping patterns, nor am I the only one who likes being "out" for longer than a standard Friday/Saturday. And it's not like there's any lack of people on drugs, jobless, and homeless. Some of my best friends are all three. I'd very much like a venue beyond restaurants & KTV & random hotel parties.

Not actually true. It varies by venue & license. There are 24-hour restaurants with liquor licenses, and plenty of after-hours clubs in Shanghai. I also know there are lots of KTV's & such where people can and do go to get their party on after Gongti locks down. I don't see it being a regulatory issue. So WTF? Where do the people who want to stay out go?

I sometimes walk home around 4am and there are all these Chinese people back from clubbing drinking soup and shit. I walk in and ask them why are you so ugly. They didn't answer

I tried that a few times. I quit after the ugliest one flung his soup bowl at me and I got scalding eggs on my face and porcelain shrapnel in my hand. Not recommended for beginning trolls.

Bowing out early is totally rockstar (adj. behavior of actual rockstars

On some nights. On other nights, you trash your hotel room. We all have those nights.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ...

I dont know if there is any China's law, but even if there is, obviously not everyone is following, so why the bars?

However, one explanation I can think of, is that the capital is more used to the peace and tranquility after 2am ... I would, anyway ... :)

Just noticed I did something the spammer would do if he had balls

Cheng ... you did not mean that literally, did you?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It might be that I'm too old to rock, but I just can't party that late in Beijing. I need a 24-hour greasy spoon diner at the end of the night.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Mix, Vics, Latte, Red club, and all Karaokes ... sophisticated ... good music

No.

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

Yeah, but you're all grow'd up now, right Peter? Now you just like stupid shit. And talk like a moron. Because that's what responsible adults do.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... someone just sent me a pic of Pete and his mates at an unknown bar ...

alt text

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

ITT hipsters behold hipsterdom at an ironic distance

• Father Of Boring

Erm...Ok, so, like, Monday I was totally AT PPG+Sensation, those were the places that inspired me to ask this question. Just thought I'd lay that out there. They tend to suck nards.

• Peter S 李贝勒

U know what u have to do now! U should open a place to do "after"...

@cat Old white rabbit was the place!!! Very often i went there after my gigs in suzy wong. Finish very late and sometimes in "private after". I remenber went to bed a 4 the afternnoon, sleep 2 hours then go again to have an another gig. Tired but loved it...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

生日快乐!^_^

Q: did we miss anyone's birthday?

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

father,法律是有的,国务院颁布的,事实是内地的娱乐场所没有几家遵守~~~~~~除非上面突然彻查

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.