Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » favorite cartoons

• Xena Xia
    Xena Xia wrote:
    <p>what is you favourite cartoons?</p> <p>I love One piece</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It's about to get awfully weeaboo in here.

I lurve anything from Studio Gainax. Evangelion, FLCL, Gurren Laggan, and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt are fucking awesome. Everything they do is a deconstruction of anime tropes.

Normally, I hate shonen series, but Gintama is pretty good. It's sort of a Seinfeld or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia of anime. It's also rather heavy on the deconstruction.

I would recommend Cowboy Bebop to Westerners who profess a hatred for anime. The art style (at least for the main characters other than Ed) has very little of the big-eyes-small-mouth shit going on, the jazz soundtrack is phenomenal, and, well, it's a goddamn western space opera, for crying out loud.

Ghost in the Shell, Darker than Black, and sCRYed are excellent sci-fi/action series. It's because of watching too much shit like this that I've become such a dreadful transhumanist.

I am also fond of magical girl anime when I am really baked. HEY I GOT AN IDEA Let's have a slumber party at my place. I'll make brownies.

• Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:

Crayon Shin-chan (クレヨンしんちゃん)

• Donn Abel
    Donn Abel wrote:

south park

• Silje Linnerud

Gintaman is hilarious!!!!!!! I love it.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'll make brownies.

you mean Amsterdam style ?

ಠ_ಠ

Was going for subtlety, chief.

The Critic from the mid 90's ? It was based on the movie-critic Jay Sherman.

I think The Critic is a pretty cool guy. Eh pans movies and doesnt afraid of anything.

Gintaman is hilarious!!!!!!! I love it.

And I'm not the least bit embarrassed about watching Jump anime at my age.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Janet ... thanks for liking me ... heehee ...[br] [br] alt text

alt text[br] [br][br] alt text alt text[br] [br] [5 min later] ...[br] [br] Also:

alt text

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Rockstar Mooney,

You forgot to say "...not that there's anything wrong with that." at the end of your post.

alt text

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

As a seven year old I was always rather taken by Thundercats and I liked Asterix, but I moved on to Beavis and Butthead and, well, I guess I'm still there really...

• Peter S 李贝勒

What about "Myazaki"? i think he's the best cartoon movie maker. Watch the "castles in the sky" "princess monoke" and probably my favorite with a very special mood is "spirited away" Dream like...

Then i m addicted to south park and the simpson...

About the 3 dimensions, it's not like the stop motion animation. @ AM U should like "Wallas and gromit" cause it's the same movie maker "nick park" who is doing "shaun the sheep" I m a big fan of " nick park" he's really original. Characters are funny, it's a kind of english style animation. Different than the japanese or US animation. It's not stop motion it's 3dimension and not made by computers.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.