Discussion » Beijing Life » 实名制 - do you think it will work for China, or more

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

Hahahaha ... of the many suggestions provided to this site so far, 实名制 (real name registartion or real name authentication) was mentioned a few times over the years, in one form or another ...

Do you think it will work for this site? [br]

Do you think it will work for China's internet?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Worse: You sound like Mark Zuckerberg.

Anonymity is a virtue of the Internet. Thankfully, the kind of authentication I think you're talking about is not at all feasible, and probably never will be.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

Anonymity is a virtue of the Internet.

... I agree ...

Thankfully, the kind of authentication I think you're talking about is not at all feasible, and probably never will be

... that's what concerns me ...

I sound like an old lady

... Julie ... it sounds sexy anyway ...

• Silje Linnerud

Regulation on Internet????????????? Christ, that's be major fun killer. It's already bad enough living in a world full of fucked up regulations, alright?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Uffy, Oh my fuck that image macro is so appropriate.

@JulieZhu,

@教授

Did someone award me an honorary degree without my noticing?

I think SOPA represents a more serious threat to the Greater Internets. But If China fucks its own hinternet up any further it'll be enough to make me finally fuck off to Southeast Asia.

Really though, I don't think any government could manage a database large enough to assign real names to every device in the country. Because China so many people.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.