Discussion » Travel » If you are a Singaporean, come on in

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>I want to hear some local travel recommendation about Singapore. Restaurants, shopping, interesting places and everything that you want to share.</p> <p>Some local famous food blogs and travel websites that I can check out?</p> <p>Which Food Center is the best in Singapore?</p> <p>Thanks</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I have asked a friend in Singapore via Facebook ... waiting for her reply ...

• 张翯
    张翯 wrote:

As Kyle says the best place you can go are those.

Let me supplement more, as my experience:

First of all, if you have Iphone, you can download an appt named:" Your Singapore Guide", will help you know the where to dining? Where to shopping? Latest events? It is a simple guideline.

Beside Orchard Road, Marina Bay Sands and Suntec City Mall, there is another shopping Centre I recommend to you, named:"Mustafa Centre" located at 145 Syed Aiwi Road, near Farrer Park MRT station (Subway). It is an India shopping centre and the surrounding is India style. You are in the city but feels India style meanwhile.

For foods, As Kyle says it depends what you're looking for. If we talking about Singapore cuisine, the famous one amongst foreigners are Newtown Food Centre and La Pa Sat Markets, there is one more in Senrangoon Garden Estate I suggest. (165A Yio Chu Kang Road) Because more for local. Furthermore, you can take MRT by Yellow line to Holland village there are lots of Mini pub and casual dining area, both local cuisine and western food you can choose. (This place I suggest you go in late afternoon because after you dinning you can have a nice drink.)

Chili crab is the local cuisine you must try, one of the shop named:" No Signboard Seafood" (Esplanade Mall Raffles Ave #01-14/16.). Alone East Coast Park there is a street you can go for Chili crab or seafood as well.

For fun, Marina bay sands, Jurong Bird Park,(Sentosa, Universal Studios, resorts world Sentosa) These 3 in one place and Singapore botanic gardens. Furthermore, there are such good museum always have shows you can join either free or need to pay, but the ticket is quite affordable. -National Museum of Singapore (93 Stamford Rd) -8Q SAM Singapore Art Museum (SAM -71 Bras basah road)

Clark Quay is one of the famous place pubs and bars streets you can go. The opposite the 313 shopping centre, there is a small street with sophisticated buildings with some bars famous for locals, especially "Acid Bar." (Peranakan Place 180 Orchard Road #01-01/02)

Good night.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... thanks 张翯 ... good night to you too ... will be seeing you soon :)

• Simen Wangberg

Ami is secretly three people. That's the only explanation I can come up with for her incredibly long and detailed eating itinerary. That thing is more complicated than any kind of schedule I have ever had to follow.

• Simen Wangberg

"i like making travel schedules and they have to be very detailed. I may don't have time to go, but i have to list them."

I guess that's better than not making any plans, arriving at your destination and realizing that you have no idea where to go or what to do. As I often do when I travel. Uhhhhhh.

• Michelle Pham
    Michelle Pham wrote:

@ A.W hey so cool , u already made the list. When will u get there?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.