Discussion » Current Events » The Quality of Air in Beijing is Amazing!

• Cheng
    Cheng wrote:
    <p>http://observers.france24.com/content/20111209-china-beijing-air-hazardous-charts-smog-pollution-sky-airport-airplane-particles-measurement-us-embassy</p> <p>I'm happy that my lungs will become charred like overcooked barbecue by the time I get back home.</p> <p>Beijing for life! People should keep buying cars to look good despite how inefficient they are in getting around the city.</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Would it be gauche of me to accessorize my usual military attire with a gas mask?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Venereal diseases, unemployment, and stinky tofu are better than war, too, as are a myriad of other terrible things which are utterly unrelated to air quality. What's your point, @OOO? Should we ignore the more accurate air quality readings because they're published by war-mongering imperialist scum?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Cheng,

单独子儿 mate, no one talked about the USA as warmongers

Read between the lines:

bad air is much better than war

Unless OOO was referring to the US, this observation is a non sequitur.

I'm not sure what to make of your question, either, @Cheng, unless it's merely rhetorical. My actual preference is that Beijing resemble the setting of a dystopian science fiction story as much as is possible without wiping out all sentient life. In cyberpunk, corrupt totalitarian plutocracy is practically a fucking given.

• Simen Wangberg

I hate the environment.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.