Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » What Inspires You ?

• Rockstar Mooney
    Rockstar Mooney wrote:

Fashion, Architecture,History,or Music ? The list can go on and on..

We all aspire for something deeper and more meaningful. To fulfill your purpose, to become more successful than you ever imagined.

But life gets in the way.There are kids that need to be raised, bills that need to be paid, jobs we need to go to and so on. Before you know it we are so far off track that we have no idea where the time went or how we ended up where we are. Broken, tired and still the dream persists...

A few questions we should ask ourselves as a preparation for self-improvement :

What do I really want? Why should I change? What's in it for me?Am I comfortable with who I am? Have I done enough for myself? Am I happy at where I am today? Am I appealing to the opposite sex? How much could I have? What motivates You? What Really Inspires you?

So ? what is it that really inspires you ? You have to power to control your destiny. Stepping outside of your comfort zone to achieve your dreams may seem very difficult but it is a critical component on the road to success. Self-improvement is not just about the physical or philosophical change you have to undergo, it is the key to unlocking the door to your future.

What most inspires me is "Community". Whether it's music lovers at a concert screaming along the lyrics to a rock band's song, a really encouraging comment thread on a messageboard,or an art opening that just blows you away, I think that connecting with other humans who share your interests, passions and beliefs is the most powerful thing ever. When you feel like you are part of something that matters, it encourages you to push yourself harder to make your contribution to that community really count. You become a better and more creative person in the process.

The kindness in some people’s eyes and smiles, my niece and nephew, a blue sky, a beautiful landscape, and people like Nelson Mendela,Martin Luther King Jr.,Albert Einstein,Pablo Picasso,Michael Jordan,Marlon Brando, and Jimmy Page also inspire me.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Hmmm,

what was it Frank Zappa said about tits and beer?

Naked females are often fun; those little wisps of inspiration you get when you are passed out on large doses of animal tranquilizer can be quite illuminating, but it always passes when you wake up. Oh, and the very existence of laugher is uplifting, but other than that I can't think of too much.

Am amazed that nobody has mentioned Bon Jovi yet, guess that will happen lower down the thread.

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

Weird, I like the idea of self-improvement, but I never connect it with these questions mentioned above. Music, art, tech... all can be very inspiring. But as to music, I prefer to stay in my comfort zone with classic Chinese music and jazz, the only unconventional music I can enjoy now is 忐忑。After repressing my impluse to slap the singer (forgot her name), I can laugh very hard every time I listen to it. I think the new media art is very inspiring, it is the hybrid of art and tech. BTW, China Millennium Monument Museum of Digital Arts will open on December 17, 2011, the will be an exhibation "AV@AR化身世外", the introduction sounds interesting.

Somehow, I think if I do things with strong purpose, it really kills the fun, the most inspiring thing is the unknown.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

You find your life's inspiration from a motor-car?

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

but people are different

with different lives , minds , attitudes

Thank you for making this obvious point. Thank you for your support of this blanket justification of all idiocy and bad taste. The fact is, there's exactly ONE correct person, who lives ONE correct life, with ONE correct mind and ONE correct attitude. That person is JESUS. In your life, you should strive not to excuse your failure under the guise of difference, you should strive to achieve the ONE CORRECT WAY UNDER JESUS. If you're not him (or his equivalent [Stephen Colbert anybody?]), shut the fuck up.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I have to say Jane troll is the most least troll inspire 屁

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I have to say Uffy lady is the most least lady inspire 咪

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I have to say Cheng dude is the most least dude inspire gee this meme sucks. Jane's a dumb cunt. Next!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

^ most least blatant

• Simen Wangberg

I'm going to be a dick and point out that the old Japanese people are going to die soon anyway (as the old Japanese dude himself mentioned), so it's just more practical to have them doing dangerous shit.

Come to think of it, why don't we do that in other countries?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.