Discussion » Nonsense » Western girls dating life in China

• Amanda
    Amanda wrote:
    <p>We always talk about western guys dating/marrying chinese girls...</p> <p>But how about our dating life here? western guys, whats got into u?</p>
  • Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

maybe because the guys are boring themselves or getting the so called "yellow fever" the same day they arrive to china :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... where I came from, Chinese, or Asian in general, regardless of gender, are among the minority, but they dont get the kind of "popularity" as foreign guys among mainland girls ...

One factor in defence (or is it defense? heehee) of foreign girls is that guys tend to feel "over shadowed" by girls far more superior to them ... e.g. most guys, esp Chinese, are concerned about dating girls who have higher (though not necessarily better) education and/or salary ... though, the good news is that, people are becoming more open minded ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... I am a bit curious about why Amanda wants to know ... something about competition?

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

Me In Beijing, a bit late reply, how can you be so sure if someone has or doesn't have a date? I would rather say, that some people cannot admit that what i have wrote is the truth :)))

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... hahahaha ... MiB ... I am in a very good mood right now, so I hope you have something interesting and worthwhile to say ... and Amanda too :)

No knowledge ... means exactly that ...

• Ola Sande
    Ola Sande wrote:

对啊对啊~ 中国男人俩极端啊~一个很传统啊~一个就跟某逼是的啊~ 没事儿给猩猩献屁眼儿不带套儿~ 外来物种大虫子什么的都射丫屁眼儿里了~ 妈的哥们儿你没事儿想着用杀虫剂啊~ 别污染了我可爱的伟大祖国母亲啊~

• J WU
    J WU wrote:

No offence, but dating Chinese girl, for majority of western guys but not all of them, is an important reason brings them here.. Why bother, get a Chinese date.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

@ Moon, i would disagree, as I never felt that way, this is all relative, you cannot judge all people by few examples, but I do agree that most of the guys would stick to "Why bother, get a Chinese date" which means that they are either lazy or lack self-confidence in hitting a western girl, or are scared to be rejected :) Guys, no offense, just years of personal observations :)))))

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee ... I just remember ...

For the record, I did not date any Australian girl when I was at school, hell, I did not date anyone back then, so I guess it did not count?

However, around the second half of 96, I dated an Australian red head, British descendent ... but I had trouble fitting in with her friends, who often hang out at the pubs ... it only went on for three months :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

There's a persistent myth that Western chicks are sexually frustrated because most Chinese guys are only interested in them as sexual novelties and foreign dudes are too busy shagging local girls, but I think that's horseshit. Too many white dudes are desperate for confirmation that the women's liberation movement spoiled western femininity, so they feign an exclusive interest in Chinese women and exploit their socioeconomic disadvantages.

That said, I haven't hooked up with a western chick since I came here, but that's got more to do with availability than personal preference. Beijing has few Western women. Fewer of them are single. And even fewer can forgive me for being boring.

• Patrick Coleman

All the western chicks ive seen in beijing are ugly

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Patrick ... where do you mostly hang out?

• Simen Wangberg

"Too many white dudes are desperate for confirmation that the women's liberation movement spoiled western femininity, so they feign an exclusive interest in Chinese women and exploit their socioeconomic disadvantages."

Really? I thought it was cos the girls here are yellow. Taste the rainbow.

• 随便叫兽
  • Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Woe betide the western girl that comes to China thinking she can maintain the same high standards she sets for men back home while expecting to never be lonely.

Woe betide the western guy that goes back home from China thinking he can use the same tired game back there that got him chicks in China.

(P.S. Like dildo i mean dandu said, most western girls here are married or engaged, accompanying their partner.)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Alex F, While I appreciate being compared to a device that spends much of its time between a woman's legs, you might be committing comedic trespass, as that's the term High Priest and Godfather reserve for Uncle Doraemon. I was always a little envious of that, so please keep it up.

What are these high standards you speak of? Some of those Western chicks considered me acceptable when I was still in the states. There, my classlessness was less obvious than it is in here, where my foreignness is still something of a novelty.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Not talking about you Dild, i'de rather leave you to your own devices anyway.

Talking in general about your average loser english teacher you occasionally see with a smoking hot chikkyboo.

{[No offence to the loser english teachers by the way.. ive been one......an english teacher that is, but not a losery one....not for a long while anyway}

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Steven you dont belong on a thread talking about heterosexual dating so bugger (lol) off.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Lol. Good comeback Steven. Unfortunately it doesnt warrant a reprise.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Monkey ... how old are you again? You are not in the "left over" bracket yet, are you?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... no, Ida, it is not ... care to elaborate?

Yolanda ... because they are the "protected" minority of this site :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Alex F,

Not talking about you Dild, i'de rather leave you to your own devices anyway.

I know you weren't, as you're measurably better at producing pithy insults than either Re-Pete or that other "Alex" (Steven, or whatever that cunt is calling himself this week), without the passive-aggression typical of their ilk.

@Re-Pete,

That is probably because western girls use you more as a feminist 'Yes man'.

BROTIP: Develop some new material. This shit's getting old. What makes you think I would be so boorish as to preach to the choir? Western chicks consider me repellent for the same reason local chicks do: because I'm hostile to commitment.

@YOLANDA

This discussion make no sense without western girls participation.

Besides constituting a significantly smaller proportion of the expat community compared to their male counterparts, western girls rarely participate in forum discussions anyway. That's nerd stuff.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

@Dandu -

you're measurably better at producing pithy insults than either Re-Pete or that other "Alex" (Steven, or whatever that cunt is calling himself this week), without the passive-aggression typical of their ilk.

Thanks man. You mean "inferior Alex" by the way (as previously noted, Steven doesnt warrant comment). Pete McBeendonebefore isnt offensive, just horribly boring.

Anyway, the comments in this thread have been gone over a million times so best to just let it die...along with the aforementioned members' aspirations of living a worthwhile existance.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahaha ... even if it were true, the sad fact is that most people here have Dandose Intolerance ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Yolanda ... shhhh ... dont wake him ... the monkey is sleeping ..

alt text

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] I never contacted you though since you are not a babe.

alt text alt text

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I do not feel the need to dominate forums or be the "Top Dog" like Dando.

That's absolutely right. Re-Pete is content to just remind others of my presence, in every thread, ever. How could he possibly be a serious troll if he's so busy grooming the recent activity on his profile so as to seem a little less infatuated with me?

Or preteen girls posing for self-shot photos in front of dirty mirrors.

Whatever.

We all look the same from behind.

• Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:

dating life of western girls in Beijing...interesting topic?!? not so sure...anyways... i can see when i go out that western girls have as much fun as guys do( western guys) and well we western or laowai whatever u wanna call us, re not desperate to get married or get an easier exit from China, or post in thebeijinger how bad we want a date, so we like to have fun and enjoy, and we love to party. And also on the other hand lots of us have the boyfriend in another country studying. But about we* being lonely, nah , don't think so... personal experience?!?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ...

women should be higher than anything

Agreed ... but the unfortunate fact is that as much as they "say" it, they dont "believe" it ...

no need for dating

Hahahahaha ... are you sure?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... not too sure how this book is related to the discussion, but as a matter of fact, nearly two decades ago, my father's uncle in Guangzhou gave us a set of 红楼梦 in Simplified Chinese, I think I might have flipped through two pages and then given up ... not because it was written in Simp. Chinese, but because I lacked the patience and interest ... heehee ...

I said what I said because I have heard (over the last six years in China) many women saying the same thing as you, acting tough and all that, but, when it comes to REAL emotional issues: dating, argument, triangular (or even quadruple) relationship, break-up etc ... they went soft, even weak, and only few strong ones were REALLY higher than anything ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I am fairly sure that when the family left HK for Oz, my mother had given those books away, but most importantly, my interest has always leaned more towards classics such as 金瓶梅 or 玉蒲团 ... heehee ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... LB, I happened to have downloaded a text file called "金瓶梅(崇祯本)", but part of the content has been distorted, so I am not sure if it is the original ... and I also have another called 续金瓶梅 and 三续金瓶梅 ... if you want them, I can email to you ... if you dont trust me enough, I can also upload them somewhere (later this afternoon) and then give you the link ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.