Discussion » Health & Fitness » Dentist in Beijing

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    <p>I need a round at the dentist as I haven't been there for years, and I got a lot of temp fillings and shit that needs to be taken care of but I want to get it done for a non-ripoff price. Here's what I need:</p> <ul> <li>One or more crowns (root canal already done). One is for the lower front, and the maybe-others are in the back so they would need the metal/porcelain mix type for higher durability. </li> <li>Probably a bunch of fillings</li> <li>General cleaning</li> <li>Repair of a crown. My front teeth is a combined porcelain crown and a small chip has fell off, so I'd like to get it repaired rather than having to replace both. </li> </ul> <p>I found an article stating that crowns only cost 60 - 200 rmb from the manifacturer, while being sold for anything between 1000 and 10 000 rmb at the dentist (<a href="http://www.strait2taiwan.tw/content/true-cost-dentures-revealed">http://www.strait2taiwan.tw/content/true-cost-dentures-revealed</a>) </p> <p>I don't expect to find a place where I can get the production price, but rather to find a place that doesn't rip you off just because I'm a laowai or because they speak English (I can go there with a Chinese friend). I'm totally fine with Hospitals as well, as I've heard they're cheaper than clinics. </p> <p>So what's your suggestions/experiences/warnings?</p> <p>All tips are highly appreciated! :-) </p>
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

the best and non-ripping off dentist in beijing is 北大口腔医院 at wei gong cun, but the service is probably the worst since they r packed every day, they don't accept reserve, u gotta queue if u want to go, but the denstits there r really professional, and won't let u do things unnessessery

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Mimi B: Cool, I definitively check this out! There's something about online appointment registration on their website as well ( http://kqreg.bjmu.edu.cn/register/reg2.aspx ) but I couldn't make much sense of the translation of this page.

Me In Beijing: You can get 355-800 rmb round trip to Manila? That more or less decided my next vacation, regardless of fixing teeths :-) It'd an awesome tip to go there for dentistry, just a bit more inconvenient. Also I would guess the total price would end up more or less similar to a good alternative in Beijing when counting flight and hotel. And if you're in Philippines anyways, you'd probably end up doing some adventuring too.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i wanted to go that one once, coz it is the most famous one ,also everybody says it is the best one, but i didn't, coz i called them try to reserve, they were very rude, said no need to reserve, just come, and i went another small one, they tried to rip me off, i don't know what is ur problem, just a advice, and u r foreigner, try to speak english with them ,they will have the senior dentist to do ur teeth, those ones r generally more professional, but i am not sure if the dentist speaks english would charge more or not, good luck

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.