Discussion » Dating & Romance » are you a maximizer or a satisfier in seeking ur b

• WeLiveInBeijingRess
    WeLiveInBeijingRess wrote:
    <p>just read an article about it, i am a satisfier i guess, how about u guys?</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

What the fuck does that mean?

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

Well I just read an article about being either a muppet or a puppet in your career, the article explains what they mean when they say puppet and muppet, but I'm not gonna give you the link because then this thread could potentially make sense.

So which one do you think you are?

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

I'm holding it for a few more days so I can maximize my satisfaction when I'll go for it

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

sorry, my bad, it means u r easy to please or satisfied with some one u think is good enough or even u feel just slightly wrong, u always try to seek the best one

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it is satisfying to know that you are bad ...

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

You're too kind Kyle, such good advice shouldn't be given away for free

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

Maximizers are those who only accept the best. Every time they make a purchase (or do anything else, for that matter), they need to be sure they’ve made the best decision possible. When shopping for shoes, for example, a Maximizer wants to look at all of the options. She wants to compare of the prices. And even after she’s made her purchase, she worries that maybe she missed a better shoe or a better price at another store.

Satisficers, on the other hand, have learned that, contrary to conventional wisdom, good enough often is. Satisficers have learned to settle for something other than the best. A Satisficer still has expectations and standards, but once she’s found something that meets those standards, she buys it. When shopping for shoes, a Satisficer makes do with a pair that meets her needs at a price she can afford.

so i mean when u seek a gf/bf or a wife/husband, which do u think u r?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

the name of the book——the paradox of choice——are you a maximizer or a satisficer

• Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:

if it's in this way, i m a Maximizer then

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Okay. That makes somewhat more sense, OP. I was confused when you said "satisfier" because that rather describes a role of satisfying someone else rather than being satisfied, while being a "maximizer" is ambiguous and could refer to a quality or a quantity--if not the best, maybe the most?

But anyway, fuck the English language for having those awkward active/passive verb tenses.

I'm the easily satisfied type, but then again I've got peculiar tastes.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

it also says Many Maximizers believe that Satisficers are comfortable with mediocrity, do Maximizers here agree with this?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i read it from a book, but here is a link to share, u guys can learn more about it, cheers http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2009/10/22/the-paradox-of-choice-and-the-dangers-of-perfection/

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

@Kyle sure, good for u, that article says everybody is both Maximizer and Satisficer in life, i'd be picky with shoes and food, but if the guy is good enough i'd just settle with him, if a some guy seems better comes to my life, i would still be with the current one, coz i just couldn't find a reason to say no to him, he is good enough :P

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Nobody's perfect. If they're perfect for someone, though, it's because that someone can look past the flaws and appreciate a person for who they are on the inside, which is made of meat. But beyond just accommodating someone's flaws, I like to use them as qualifiers. After all, having compatible sexual fetishes or shared drug habits might be just as crucial to sustaining a relationship as having the same hobbies.

Weird fuck-ups are just more interesting to me than people who have their shit together. So when I like someone, it's probably because I feel there's something about them that many other people might consider undesirable, but I can nonetheless personally accept. Such as nymphomania.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

totally agree with u, that's exactly what i imagine about my soul mate

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i am agnostic, i don't think i will get married, but even if i do, conventionally i am not gonna have my wedding in a church since i am chinese, but i am not gonna have a conventional chinese wedding either, which is more funny, i am not gonna call any other woman mom, that's so lame

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

oh.me? haha. no, i just don't see any point to get married, but just me, and who knows what will happen

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm not good enough for you, huh? Why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

u r not good enough for whom? me? who is the milk, and who is the cow?

• 随便叫兽

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.