Discussion » All non BJ languages » How can I paraphrase this sentence......?

• lkkkj
    lkkkj wrote:
    <p>It's about the Triumph of Liberalism in French Revolution..</p> <p>"the change from a monarchy to a democratic republic didn't happen overnight in France -- it actually took almost 100 years to establish a stable republic. In that period, liberals kept working toward a representative government that supported a fair and equal justice system and an open market economy. These ideals did not stay only in France, but it went across over Europe and established representative government as the standard and ideal known today. " </p> <p>I mena just the last sentence of this pragraph... , (actually I paraphrased it already little bit, but I wonder about the last part that from "but....and ideal known today" : </p> <p>"These ideals did not just stay only in France, but it went across over europe and established representative government as the standard and ideal known today." </p> <p>If I change it to more spoken english or easily way....</p>
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

You can try:

Those fuckers, not satisfied with just turning their own country upside down had to mindfuck all of their neighboring countries and force the world into the stupidity of democracy instead of good old fucking monarchy.

Much more easy to understand that way, more like spoken language as well.

You're welcome ;-)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.