Discussion » Current Events » Should Iran be allowed to develop Nuclear Weapons&

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:
    <p>If you answers please to take into account what occurred in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, and recently Chernobyl, Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disasters, the effects on food, livestock and on trade. </p> <p>The Treaties and Countries. List of weapons of mass destruction treaties from Wikipedia. <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weapons_of_mass_destruction_treaties">link text</a></p>
  • Kevin Brekke
    Kevin Brekke wrote:

how about your country? loll

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

I have deliberately excluded to mention my country or other countries, I asked for the opinion of Iran so fail to understand your point.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

If for Nuclear energy yes. If it's nuclear weapon non. Non country should be allowed to have nuclear weapon. US used it for a bad cause.

• Sebasti
    Sebasti wrote:

It's hypocritical to deny something from someone else that you aren't willing to give up yourself... so in that sense the countries that have nuclear weapons shouldn't deny those who haven't. On the other hand world would be better place if no one had nuclear weapons, so in that sense it's great to have opposition. Also, Iran can be classified as religiously fundamentalist country... and god knows to whose hands nuclear weapons could end up if they'd develop them in Iran. But I guess this question is not just about nuclear weapons but more of nuclear energy?? I mean that's what they want to develop (at least officially) more but other countries are worried that they use the reactors to produce weapons.

• Kevin Brekke
    Kevin Brekke wrote:

point is why do you care Iran s nuclear power since you are sitting on the top of biggest nuclear power on world....

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

HP We know Iran has developed Nuclear energy! The question now being asked are the Iranians now going further and trying to develop nuclear weapons. The other issue being discussed it imposing sanctions on Iran.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

@Ersan You answer a question with a question! You don't know where I am sitting?

• Kevin Brekke
    Kevin Brekke wrote:

OK, stupid me

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Well, they are still denying they don't have, remember more allegations were made about Saddam Hussein having weapon of mass destruction, at the end that wasn't true. But as I stated, no nation should be allowed to have nuclear weapon as the US set a bad example during the 2nd world war

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

@Sebasti It seems the concerns that Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapon and one of the reason for calling sanctions on Iran. The fears that if they continue to develop nuclear weapon and concerns that they may fall into terrorist hands. However, I am sure that Iran would be concerned if nuclear weapons fell into terrorist hands.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

@HP The loss of life in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was appalling and for this reason I would never support nuclear weapons. However, you have to consider that in 1940-1945 a lot of these weapons were being designed by Germany. The US had to consider the loss of life trying to win a war using normal warfare. I think Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a warning to the world and the use of nuclear weapons.

• Christian Jacques, Photography

You seems so concerned about Iran having nuclear power, are you the same concerned about North Korea ?

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

@Swag You just proved you do not have the intellect to make any comments.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

@Swag Maybe you should stay silent with your perverse thoughts.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。[br] [br] Hahahahaha ... it is funny sometimes how people can change just like that, within 9 hours?

Nicole Webber wrote: You are entitled to your opinion, but it was clear to me that some were not as smart as you Swag.

[br]

Nicole Webber wrote: @Swag You just proved you do not have the intellect to make any comments.[br]

Sw@g ... for one minute, I thought you were on the good side of Aiyela ... oh, sorry, I meant, Nocole? That just proved that one minute is very short :)

Anyway ...[br] [br] As far as general military use is concerned, while people (and country) has the right to protect themselves, there is also a question how it might be used in the extreme case ... [br] [br] I agree with Sebasti that the idea of banning Iran from owning nuclear weapon is hypocritical ... however, if we consider the US "gun law" versus (most of) the rest of the world, e.g. UK and China, where private citizens are not allowed to own firearms mainly because of the concern "what if it falls into the wrong hand" ... I have not checked the statistics, but my wild guess (probably wrong) is that incidents caused by firearms in US are more than these countries ... [br]

It comes down to who is controlling these weapons in Iran, and/or how much it might endanger other countries and people when things get ugly ... [br]

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Nuclear weapons prevented World War III by finally convincing capitalists that Total War was no longer sustainably profitable. Everyone should have one.

Moreover, nuclear power is the cleanest source of electricity, although it does have some dangers. To prevent countries from taking part in the development of this technology would be unfair. However, the development of nuclear industry basically guarantees that a nation will develop nuclear weapons in one form or another.

And here I use the term nuclear weapon very broadly and include things other than thermonuclear bombs, such as "dirty" or "salted" radiological bombs and depleted uranium munitions, both of which can be understood as novel methods of disposing of nuclear waste while inflicting grievous damage to people and ecology.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm willing to bet that coal has killed and sickened more people per kilowatt hour than nuclear power, @Jorrit. Nuclear waste is pure concentrated evil, but it's manageable so long as wealthy countries aren't paying poor countries to dispose of it.

Also, meltdowns can be avoided rather easily if you just yank the goddamned fuel rods out of the reactor at the first sign of a problem; however, initiating a fission reaction requires a lot of energy itself and therefore a lot of money.

My point was that the existence of weapons technology that could potentially have destroyed the world was what "sanitized" the Cold War, that is, if you think there was anything sane about the apocalyptic paranoia of the 1950s. Had it not been for the threat of nuclear war, the potential for conventional warfare would have been far greater. Remember what happened after MacArthur suggested using tactical nukes against the Koreans? That was the end of his career.

An airstrike on a nuclear facility would be nothing short of ecological terrorism. I don't care if it's controlled by "religious extremists" or "godless communists".

• Simen Wangberg

"I think Nicole Webber is Ayiela,if not then they are really close twins because the way they talk is 一样"

You mean the way they call you out on being a complete idiot is "一样"?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Nicole did raise suspicions of sock-puppetry by delivering Ayiela's "Dear John" letter to WLIB shortly after Kyle caught the latter plagiarizing the second time. They probably are the same person, but who cares? She's funnier and more well-informed than most of the other trolls.

@Jorrit,

Maybe Fukushima could not have been prevented by yanking out fuel rods, but every other nuclear accident could have been prevented if not for the need to balance safety against profitability; the need to keep all of one's eggs in one basket, so to speak, is caused by anti-nuclear hysteria (which is not at all unwarranted). In any case, miniature nuclear reactors are on the way. It seems grim, but that's the future. It's inevitable.

On the bomb, the simple point is that I would actually fear ahmadinejad is more likely to use it then any other leader in world history had.

If not Harry Truman, that dubious honor should most certainly go to Kim Jong Il and possibly that chubby otaku poised to inherit his Hermit Kingdom. Comparatively speaking, the Persians are merely cutthroat theocrats, albeit otherwise perfectly rational motherfuckers. Anyway, how sane was it for the Americans to vaporize a bunch of Nips just to scare the shit out of the Soviets? I'm sure the Russians engaged in similar speculation about the sanity of Christians who've been expecting the imminent End of all Things for the last 2000 years.

As far as weapons go, if any madman were so inclined, a "dirty" radiological bomb should scare the fuck out of the civilized world more than fully-developed thermonuclear weapons. And I'm afraid that such weapons are already well within the means of many terrorist organizations.

The cat is out of the bag.

• Simen Wangberg

"whatever man...Do u really think I care ?u must be new here or maybe u just don`t know who is swag lol"

I don't think you care. I just think you're an idiot.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

To placate the misinformed about me. I have been a member in We Live in Beijing since February of 2009 according to my mail box. I met Ayiela at Notre Dame Junior School at the age of 5 and we are close friends.
    Ayiela joined We Live in Beijing this year and in Ayiela's words she described a few people on here as 'Tommyknockers' from the Steven King book, as nasty little fuckkers' in particular 叮噹叔叔 (零零柒。伍), Afro-Sw@g, 单独子儿 (随便叫兽),Bedtyger, Kyle, Scott to name a few.

Dando I am guilty of posting Ayiela 'Dear John' letter after the moderators deleted the posting from the site. It shot your theory about the freedom of the Internet and your defence of Bedtyger in OP.

叮噹叔叔 (零零柒。伍) Sw@g ... for one minute, I thought you were on the good side of Aiyela ... oh, sorry, I meant, Nocole? That just proved that one minute is very short . You began this subject matter! Ayiela made the point that you are a leading 'Tommyknocker one of the nastiest back stabber fuckker on this site'

Back to nuclear weapons, and Dando made the point of a 'dirty bomb' this is one of the greatest fears around today.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ... hahahaha ... that would be too much of a compliment, if it came from the Evil Queen herself ... thanks though ... but who began what subject matter?

• N-Die 北京的法国人

The problem is not that one more country get it, since few country already have it... so if we are logical, nobody will use it coz everybody is afraid to get hit by the same awful weapon in return...

The problem is : WHO get it; if the nuclear is owned by a bunch of people who are ready to die in any condition for their coz.... eg : Terrorists who explode themself in the crowed to kill most of people they can....They won't mind to get explode with a nuclear weapon instead of the "common" bomb....

So, my point is : No country who have such ideaology should be allow to have nuclear weapon....

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ... heehee ... isnt that what I said?

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

@袜子 Thanks for noticing the idiots on here.

@ Rockstar Are you trying to join the Tommyknockers on here?

@ 叮噹叔叔 (零零柒。伍) You began this subject matter! It is clear that you began to call Ayiela the Evil Queen, I can understand how she called the 'hahaha back stabber'?

It is so obvious you are trying to bait me in a confrontation while you sit back and watch others do your dirty work. Have a nice life end of conversation and this thread.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

Skaught in your first post at the bottom in blue 'Iran So Far' it works when I clicked on it as it took me to the site. Your second post did not work and both are marked 'Irrelevant' although your post was relevant!.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。[br] [br] (continued) ... oh ... that subject matter huh? [br] [br] I did create that title for her, based on my observation of how she had acted on the forum (and I think she is still around, checking on girls' photos) but since we were hardly friends to begin with, so, there is really no back to stab :)[br] [br] And as far as "stab" is concerned, you took the cake with what you said that to $W@G ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Dando I am guilty of posting Ayiela 'Dear John' letter after the moderators deleted the posting from the site. It shot your theory about the freedom of the Internet and your defence of Bedtyger in OP.

What theory? And what defense?

If you'd actually been around since "February 2009," you'd have noticed that many of my own threads and posts have been deleted by the mods, including one in particular where I indicted Bedtyger as a yuppy narcotics dealer and wannabe gangsta who ironically can't even handle a single toke of hashish without flipping out. My "defense" of Bedtyger was really a repudiation of 阿姨恶拉's utterly bogus accusation that he was a "sexual predator" and guilty of "criminal sexual conduct" rather than a poseur guilty of mere obscenity.

To placate the misinformed about me. I have been a member in We Live in Beijing since February of 2009 according to my mail box. I met Ayiela at Notre Dame Junior School at the age of 5 and we are close friends. Ayiela joined We Live in Beijing this year and in Ayiela's words she described a few people on here as 'Tommyknockers' from the Steven King book, as nasty little fuckkers' in particular 叮噹叔叔 (零零柒。伍), Afro-Sw@g, 单独子儿 (随便叫兽),Bedtyger, Kyle, Scott to name a few.

That was a convenient backstory explaining why you think, write, and hate identically to Ayiela. Of course, you're childhood friends! It all makes sense now. I especially like that part where you've been here longer than almost everyone else; your userid is older than mine, but the name "Nicole Webber" appears nowhere else on the site, which begs the question: what was your previous alias?

Ancient troll is ancient! Let me extend my sincerest appreciation for your contributions to the rich Bayeaux tapestry of travesty trollstory of the WLIB forums. Wait. Hold on. Let me unzip my pants first. There. Now my sincerest appreciation is fully extended. Feels good, man.

But I digress.

Israel has nukes and frequently behaves in contravention of international law not unlike so-called rogue states. Does this bother anyone? It certainly doesn't bother most Americans.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.