Discussion » Sports & Activities » Interested in some reading? A free novel reading.

• Frank Riganelli
    Frank Riganelli wrote:

The Swindle (click here)

I wrote this book mainly while in Beijing, however the topic is not about China or Beijing. A sort of corporate, intertnaional suspense thriller type of story, with insights into some sensitive areas (which probably made some want to censor it).

I was set to give a talk about the book at The Bookworm in San Li Tun, but the arrangement was tampered with by an outside group who appears to want to censor the book.

A review of the book by Bell South Press - "With adept twists and turns and an insider's look into the world of the most powerful movers and shakers, this novel is an exhilirating roller coaster ride through the most powerfully financial cities of the world."

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

OP has already failed.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

have to say //the link dosen't work ..so can not see ya book..

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Everything on Scribd is blocked in China. No special effort has been made to censor the Swindle. OP is trying to make his awful drivel seem more interesting by claiming it's worthy of attention from government censors, when in reality it is worthy of no one's attention at all.

Your first thread failed, fuckstain. To post yet again is to simply beg for abuse. This isn't fresh. It's spam.

Why don't you pose a few excerpts here so we can properly qualify your shittiness?

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

Yes, scribd is blocked in China. That has got nothing to do with your book. Dont take it personal. Whats behind the story of the bookworm? Who is the group who is interested to censor your book. Or did they just turn down your request for a lecture because your book has been published by yourself or something in that kind.

I still dont understand why a writer would want that people read his novel for free unless its such a crap what anyway noone would buy it or he just do it as a hobby, which again raises the likelihood that the lecture of such a thriller may not give you that much suspense.

• Simen Wangberg

Still waiting to hear more about the 2000 Beijing Olympics, Frank.

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

Maturew: Well, Writing is not as easy as it seems... Maybe I should update my freegate to be able to read scribd and co again... :)

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

I still did not read your book. But if your novel has nothing to do with China then there could be only two reasons why you were uninvited: Some one hates you personally or there is a matter with the quality of your work. Since you have been invited in the first place I would go for the personal enemies.

You still did not metion if your book has been published and if so by whom. See, after I graduated from college I also wrote a novel of 200 pages. I thought it was a great piece of art at that time and sent it to some publishers. Now, maybe 15 years later and after actaully make my living from writting, I understand why they did not publish. To cut my speech short: To have written a novel does not mean so much. (But as I said.. i cannot judge your book because i cannot access it)

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

I don't like thriller very much. But if you elaborate more on the story lines, who knows, you may attract more attentions here. Well-designed advertisement is very important to success, see how plain your introduction to your book is. :)

Good luck!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Thanks to the one member in this thread who explained what OP is.

Don't thank me, OP. Thank Google.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.