Discussion » Dating & Romance » How to comfort an depressing friend?

• Maturew
    Maturew wrote:
    <p>He is a uk guy , is in an depressing status for some time now. I had tried to suggest him to do the things he loved to do. and I also helped him with some of his little jobs...</p> <p>He knows "life is negative sometimes, being positive is important"</p> <p>I think maybe he is missing home just?..Should I suggest him to take some antidepressiv pills?.he recently got 2 girls didn't work out anything for what he wanted.....but actually for his look he could get any girls..he is just too nice.......</p> <p>So, any suggestions from some of your warmhearted guys? Please be serious. Thanks a lot.</p> <p>-----------I have others questions too. How bad is bad when a guy got hurt by someone or something? I know guys left his hometown and never went back....Wanna hear your stories maybe....</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。[br] [br] Hahahahahaha ...

he recently got 2 girls didn't work out anything for what he wanted[br] [br]

... are you sure he is JUST depressed? How old is he? Is he the guy that's 10 years younger than you?[br] [br] Nah ... seriously though ... there is not much here to tell us what's wrong with him, or what is it about 。。。

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ... more questions ...[br] [br] (1) how long has he been like this? If it is less than a week, or even a fortnight, I would not worry too much about it .. [br] [br] (2) any idea what's the reason?[br] [br] (3) how long have you known him? what was he like before he became like this?[br] [br]

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ... ahhhh ... I hate to be one who tells you this ... but there is a good chance that he might be interested in you ... though, I cannot even imagine why ...

but with some of my comfort words or something[br] [br]

... yes, definitely the "something" ...

• Reply from 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) is flagged as not relevant.

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

I also have a friend back home who suffers from a serious depresioon and he cannot recover since more than year even he took pills.

If you want to help him you should first make sure if he really has got a depression or if he just feel not happy. Thats quite a different thing. The level of depression may be gratually of course, but with a serious depression people cannot do anything anymore. Its hard for them to go to work, to go out with friends and they feel maybe painful in their whole body. Sometimes its connected with sleeping problems. I assume your friend does not have this. If he has I would suggest him professional help (maybe outside of china as chinese psychologists still tend to treat things like internet addiction with electro shocks).

However, if his situation is not that severe I suggest you to just be nice to him. Show him that you care and that he can trust you... Such things...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

If you were a real friend, you give him a blowjob.

Just kidding. Seriously, have you considered buying him an 8-ball of cocaine, a bottle of whiskey and and/or a prostitiute? I can guarantee it will perk him up for a while at least

• Reply from 随便叫兽 is flagged as not relevant.

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

Give him a good shag, if he is cute, if not, let him be.

Problem solved

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

drinking or pills won't work

Where did you get your medical knowledge from? We are not talking about the funny little pills you get on weekend from your personal drug dealer (the black guy in Sanlitun who approaches you with "ey whatsupman") but from a real medication.

Back to the facts: Pills definitely work and they will give a better mood in near 100 per cent. However as the medication is strong they tend to have serious side effects.

To OP: I suggest you to read the wikipedia page about depression and try to get some real valuable information. The kids here seem to have most of their knowledge from TV-Series like Friends and Co.

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

eating one piece of chocolate everyday could make you happy

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

Pear Posting cats in the forum is becoming stale. I think you had gentle warnings about the amount of space these pics are using. I am surprised a mod has not deleted the last pic you posted in this thread!

In the end the owners will ban pics in the forum and we will have Pear Blossom and her cats to thank. All I am saying to you to use some common sense, in particular on the size of your pics.

• Reply from 随便叫兽 is flagged as not relevant.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

Pear I made an observation about your pics. Marking your pics irrelevant I don't have this facility and even if I did I would not stoop so low as I think that is childish.

• Reply from Nicole Webber is flagged as not relevant.

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

@Killer

I agree on this: The word depression is nowadays totally over used. So the first thing to do is to give a appropriate diagnosis before taking any medication. But I doubt that even in China you can get stong psychopharmaca easily without seeing a doctor. And even you should I guess that this person would be responible enought to not just take it.

BTW. there are also some pills which are not so strong and seem to efficiently improve the mood. They are base on St. Johns Wood. Maybe you need to check online if you can find some futher informations about it where to buy it or not. Such pills are based on traditional knowledge on natural healing but profen to have an effect in clinical studies. Here two links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John%27s_wort

and in chinese:

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%B2%AB%E8%91%89%E9%80%A3%E7%BF%B9

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.