Discussion » Beijing Life » Advice/Ideas for Dog-Piss Neighbor?

• Skaught
    Skaught wrote:

This girl across the hall from me has a dog that pisses and/or shits in the hallway nearly every single day. This girl is a 20-something "trendy" chick who seems to work long hours every day, so when she gets home in the evening, she takes the dog two steps outside her door to piss in the apartment building hallway. At first, I just thought she didn't train the dog, so he accidentally pisses before she can get him to the elevator, but the other day I caught her and a dude playing fetch with the dog in the hallway. I realized that she may think it's ok to have her dog piss and shit in the hallway because it's starting to get colder outside.

The building managers already know, and they posted a note in the elevator telling residents to "take care of their pets." After the notice was there for a day, someone crossed it out with a pen, seemingly in protest of such a draconian measure. The building sends a worker to clean up everything maybe once every couple of days, but it doesn't change the fact that I have to walk around a pool of piss or pile of shit nearly every day. And, the hallway smells like total piss.

I have considered taking the following action:[br] (a) pissing on her apartment door myself[br] (b) moving any pile of shit to directly in front of her apartment door[br] (c) knocking on her door myself, and regardless of my lack of Chinese, miming pissing[br] (d) contacting the landlord to see if he can bitch at management sufficiently to get this to stop[br] (e) leaving an anonymous note on the door, expressing my disgust

I KNOW that other neighbors know it's her and hate it. Most days, there's already footprints through the piss running down the hallway before I get there.

Any ideas for how to get this shit (literally) to stop?

• Silje Linnerud

Scott, use some chemical spray, like pesticide or air freshener (the stronger, the better), spray in the hallway. I bet dogs would hate that.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] Hahahahaha ... FYI, my mother chose the "green" option ... after eating the durian, she left the "shells" around the yard and it kept the dogs (and cats) away for weeks... [br] [br] In principle, I agree with Cipherie's idea of pesticide, but it could backfire ... but still going with this "chemical warfare" concept, use things like ammonia or alcohol, which should dissipate and wash away the smell, and hopeuflly repel the dog ...

• Silje Linnerud

No, Scottie, don't listen to Godfather. PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER SURRENDER TO DOG SHIT!

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

Solution b) sounds like a good solution but better not any pile, just what ever her dog is pooping in the hallway. But first, direct and polite communication is always better. If nothing works, i think Secret Garden's idea is pretty good.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ...

If there's some chemical that stops dogs from pissing and shitting, that would be the money[br] [br]

... there is ... not sure if it is available in China though ...[br] [br] alt text

• Silje Linnerud

I don't think so, Secret Garden. Because dog's sense of smell is 40 times better than humans, and how they define their comfort zone basically depends on their sense of smell, so it's pretty much impossible for dogs to piss or poo at some place they don't feel comfortable around.

Of course, the dog owner is the key problem. If I were you, Scottie, I'd just collect a piece of dog shit, (folded into a thick pile of newspaper or whatsoever), then paste it on the door knob of the girl's room. Grins!!!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ... not really sure where I saw it from ... put it into a paper bag, and set a fire on it ...

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

Have you considered putting a fine dusting of white pepper in the hallway! Just leave a small square outside her doorway undusted.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Scooter, if you've got a shy sphincter, or are just concerned that there are security cameras, I could take a break from squeezing cleveland steamers across Edward Jizzyhands' thorax and pinch one out in front of this skeezer's door for ya.

But I must warn you. My services as a copro-mercenary do not come cheap.

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

I had another look of this thread and realized that Scott's humanitarian compassions toward other creatures on earth are very admirable.

Now it just makes me look bad as the advices I left above convince myself that I am a heartless selfish evil bitch, or in other words, I am just another ordinary Chinese young lady. :D

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。[br] [br] (continued) ... hahahahaha ... trying to do things legally in China? If you were lucky, you might find one of her family members, or even one of those guys going in and out of her ... apaprtment, to be among the force, then you are really asking for it ...

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

I'd go with a), simple but classy.

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

I would take 3 steps:

1 Knock at her door, talk to her politely in person about this. (posting note is useless from my experience, it seems people tend to ignore these things if not named.)

2 If step 1 failed, knock at her door again, tell her how bad the deed is frankly, no need to save her face.

3 If step 2 failed, find the building managers, ask them to accompany you to argue with her. And do this again and again. She will give in sooner or later.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Edward M. Please be kind to Alex okay?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.