Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » [Feature Report] Using HTML tags on "w

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:
    <p>...[br] [br] Hahahahahaha ... I have tried to use HTML tags on "wall", but it is not 100% successful, though not complete failure either ... [br] [br] Details: when going to "Bubbles" (I have not tried it by replying on my profile, but I imagine it would be the same), if I used or tags, it can indeed create "new line" when I "post"...[br] [br] However, if I refresh (or re-visit) the page (also on my own profile page), I would find that the "new line" had actually failed, instead, the tags appeared as just plain text ... [br] [br] Can this be fixed?</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... it is because the admins have opted for the brilliant idea of first "moving" the GIF from external source to WLIB, but "transforming" it into a JPEG ... if you "edit" the URL, and paste back the GIF, it will work ...[br] [br] - alt text

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) here's how I "pasted" the above GIF ... [br] [br] 1. click on the "insert img" as normal[br] [br] 2. choose "from the web", and paste the URL of the GIF as normal[br] [br] 3. notice that the original URL of the GIF has been "transformed" into a WLIB one, also, extension changed from GIF to JPG [br] [br] 4. edit the URL of this JPG, by pasting the URL of the GIF [br] [br] ... that should do it ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。[br] [br] alt text

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can scale animated GIFs.

Btw, the skiing ostrich is 1.87 MB, which. If we're gonna save it as GIF, we'd have to add annoying restrictions like a max size, height and width.

So right now I'm gonna have to say that we will not add support for this.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ... so what is the reason of copying images to WLIB server in the first place again? [br] [br] Also ... even though Pear derailed a little bit here ... the HTML tag thing ... any answer for that?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.