Discussion » Film & TV » Game of Thrones / Tv-vs-Book

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[CAUTION: Spoilers!]

[CAUTION: Spoilers!]

• One difference.....

In the tv-serie, Dany sheds tears during her wedding night and Khal Drogo behaves like a kind of rude horny-barbarian.... but In the book :P

[...] His fingers were deft and strangely tender. He removed her silks one by one,carefully, while Dany sat unmoving, silent, looking at his eyes. When he bared her small breasts, she could not help herself. She averted her eyes and covered herself with her hands. “No,” Drogo said. He pulled her hands away from her breasts, gently but firmly, then lifted her face again to make her look at him. “No,” he repeated.“No,” she echoed back at him. He stood her up then and pulled her close to remove the last of her silks. The night air was chilly on her bare skin. She shivered, and gooseflesh covered her arms and legs. She was afraid of what would come next, but for a while nothing happened. Khal Drogo sat with his legs crossed, looking at her, drinking in her body with his eyes. After a while he began to touch her. Lightly at first, then harder. She could sense the fierce strength in his hands, but he never hurt her. He held her hand in his own and brushed her fingers, one by one. He ran a hand gently down her leg. He stroked her face, tracing the curve of her ears, running a finger gently around her mouth. He put both hands in her hair and combed it with his fingers. He turned her around, massaged her shoulders, slid a knuckle down the path of her spine. It seemed as if hours passed before his hands finally went to her breasts. He stroked the soft skin underneath until it tingled. He circled her nipples with his thumbs, pinched them between thumb and forefinger, then began to pull at her, very lightly at first, then more insistently, until her nipples stiffened and began to ache. He stopped then, and drew her down onto his lap. Dany was flushed and breathless, her heart fluttering in her chest. He cupped her face in his huge hands and looked into his eyes. “No?” he said, and she knew it was a question. She took his hand and moved it down to the wetness between her thighs. “Yes,” she whispered as she put his finger inside her.

• One thing not very clear...

In the tv-serie, the explanation of why Bran has to look the decapitation is ¨short¨.

In the north, the people hold the belief that the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.If you would take a man´s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. So in the north, the lords don´t have executioners, headsmen (keeping in mind how Lord Stark, the emphasis in this is something important) ---A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is. ---

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Daenerys reborns from the flames,

alt text

The things I do for love.... alt text

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

I have the complete set of A Song of Ice and Fire, 1993 version. Daenerys has been one of my favorite fictional characters. But to be frank, many characters in the book are well structured and enriched, Tyrion and Jon Snow for example.

What intrigues me about Game of Thrones is more than the fictional background similar to the ancient European continent, the intensely realized romance of knights and swordsmen, but within its lines the contemporary liberal spirits, plus, it is elegantly written.

However, I persuade myself not to watch the TV series, it will spoil my imagination during reading the book. And I am sure if Daenerys looked like that E.T. in the picture above, she would likely not have been made the Queen.

I have a great impression of the paragraph about Daenerys' wedding night too, ha ha.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

jajaja yep, It is true that she looks like E.T in that pic XD, but in the tv-serie, she appears cute and with hair after the fire...

alt text

mmm..... maybe better this one

alt text

I like Daenerys too, the forge of this character from innocent and naive girl to queen?! godess?! ...

If the queen and king of my country were half as strong and brave as Daenerys and Edd are .... :P

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

In my case, was first the tv serie, I was completly attracted by the story, so now the books :P

Even being a freak, I didn´t give a shit about ¨Sword & Sorcery¨ books, specially after read long time ago some shit written by the Ed Greenwood´s hands, when I read that book made me feel wish gouge my eyes out with a spoon..... O_o

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

If Amazon.cn has the 4 books link text, I suppose that they can be found in the foreign bookstore in wangfujing or in that so big in Xidan

If read pdf files doesn´t kill you, you can download them from here link text

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.