Discussion » Dating & Romance » Crazy little thing called LoVe

• Rockstar Mooney
    Rockstar Mooney wrote:
    <p>To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.</p> <p>Love is the child of illusion and parent of disillusion.</p> <p>I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.</p> <p>The last time I was inside a woman was when I went to the Statue of Liberty.</p> <p>The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, "What... does a woman want?"</p> <p>Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.</p> <p>Love doesn't just sit there like a stone, it has to be remade, like bread, all the time, made new.</p> <p>A relationship is not like Facebook where you can sign in and out whenever you want.</p> <p>The young guy circled the dance floor like a bull around a herd of cows.</p> <p>Every cross word, sideways look and imagined put-down is felt and remembered like the lash of a cane.</p> <p>The awkward silence formed a cartoon bubble between the couple — waiting for an ice-breaking joke to be written on it.</p> <p>A true relationship is like a river, the deeper it gets the less noise it makes.</p> <p>Love is like the measles; we all have to go through it.</p> <p>The ability to have one's own way, while convincing others that they are having their own way, is a rare thing among men. Among women, it's as common as eyebrows.</p> <p>For her, if love isn't blind, then it clearly needs an eye test.</p> <p>Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you never can tell.</p> <p>Love is like war: easy to start and hard to stop.</p> <p>Assumptions are the termites of relationships.</p> <p>Marriage isn't a word — it's a sentence.</p> <p>A relationship begins when you sink in his arms, and ends with your arms in his sink.</p> <p>The wedding march always reminds me of the music played when soldiers go into battle.</p> <p>She's been engaged more times than a telephone switch board.</p> <p>Marriage resembles a pair of shears: joined that they cannot be separated, often moving in opposite directions, yet always cutting those who come between them.</p> <p>A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it.</p> <p>I feel the vibrations of your beauty running all the way down my spine.</p> <p>Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself. </p> <p>The woman who tells her age is either too young to have anything to lose or too old to have anything to gain.</p> <p>Don't give a woman advice; one should never give a woman anything she can't wear in the evening. </p> <p>Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.</p> <p>Cosmetics is a boon to every woman, but a girl's best friend is still a nearsighted man. </p> <p>Women want to be treated as equals, not sequels.</p> <p>Age to women is like Kryptonite to Superman. </p> <p>Women have a passion for mathematics. They divide their age in half, double the price of their clothes, and always add at least five years to the age of their best friend. </p> <p>My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures. </p> <p>Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both. </p> <p>There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works. </p> <p>One should never trust a woman who tells her real age. If she tells that, she'll tell anything. </p> <p>Man has will, but woman has her way. </p> <p>Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air. </p> <p>The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles. </p> <p>A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle. </p> <p>Women now have choices. They can be married, not married, have a job, not have a job, be married with children, unmarried with children. Men have the same choice we've always had: work or prison. </p> <p>Women are like cars: we all want a Ferrari, sometimes want a pickup truck, and end up with a station wagon. </p> <p>Never comment on a woman's rear end. Never use the words 'large' or 'size' with 'rear end.' Never. Avoid the area altogether. Trust me. </p> <p>I could sooner reconcile all Europe than two women. </p> <p>Women dress alike all over the world: they dress to be annoying to other women. </p> <p>Americans like fat books and thin women. </p> <p>Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want? </p> <p>When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. </p> <p>Girls have an unfair advantage over men: if they can't get what they want by being smart, they can get it by being dumb. </p> <p>What a strange thing man is; and what a stranger thing woman. </p> <p>I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships. </p> <p>The body of a young woman is God's greatest achievement. Of course He could have made it to last longer, but you can't have everything. -- (The Gingerbread Lady, 1970) </p> <p>I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against. </p> <p>Girls are always running through my mind. They don't dare walk.</p> <p>From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class. From 10 feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away. </p> <p>There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling, and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. </p> <p>Why is it men are permitted to be obsessed about their work, but women are only permitted to be obsessed about men? </p> <p>Men are generally more law-abiding than women. Women have the feeling that since they didn't make the rules, the rules have nothing to do with them. </p> <p>Whether women are better than men I cannot say—but I can say they are certainly no worse. </p> <p>To generalize on women is dangerous. To specialize on them is infinitely worse. </p> <p>Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. </p> <p>I like my whisky old and my women young. </p> <p>A Frenchwoman, when double-crossed, will kill her rival; the Italian woman would rather kill her deceitful lover; the Englishwoman simply breaks off relations-but they all will console themselves with another man. </p> <p>To a woman the first kiss is just the end of the beginning but to a man it is the beginning of the end. </p> <p>A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. </p> <p>Being a woman is of special interest only to aspiring male transsexuals. To actual women, it is simply a good excuse not to play football. </p> <p>She was short on intellect, but long on shape. </p> <p>Three things have been difficult to tame: the oceans, fools and women. We may soon be able to tame the oceans; fools and women will take a little longer.</p> <p>Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love. </p> <p>To be in love is merely to be in a state of perpetual anesthesia - to mistake an ordinary young woman for a goddess. </p> <p>Love is the gross exaggeration of the difference between one person and everyone else. </p> <p>The perfect love affair is one which is conducted entirely by post. </p> <p>Respectable people do not write music or make love as a career.</p> <p>Love lasteth as long as the money endureth.</p> <p>If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question? </p> <p>Women... can't live with 'em... can't shoot 'em.</p>
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

That's a nice one Rockstar, inspirational

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Stale copypasta is stale.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Douglas MacArthur.

• Brenda Liu
    Brenda Liu wrote:

if that's how it works, then home come those less rich and not at all handsome ppls get married? hmmm

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... hey, Rock Star, I thought this is about the song ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... damn ... I cannot play videos or audios in forum now ... I was thinking about Elvis ... and I think Bon Jovi played it once too?

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

i think it's true: Woman always wants to survive and replicate, female animals too. but i guess it's also changing now.

survival aand replication are not enough to explain the very existence of lesbian love. love between women and women ?

the artical abt over is too long to read .......

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

doesnt make sense , they wannna survive in a lesbian relationship ? how ? they can not reproduct with each other. lesbian relationship is not stronger than any other relationship . girls usually have gf and bf at the same time.

this world is going crazy . no one can survive.......

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

whatever the motivation behind their decisions are. lesbian relattonship is not natural. it can not be end well.

parthership is not the most important thing for surviving. signlarity is the ultimate goal to achieve.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

wow, don worry abt red pens, i got plenty of them h ere . you can teach me englih for free !!!

perhaps u can bemonline english dictionary too . hahahahahaha

more headaches now ?

• Simen Wangberg

"signlarity is the ultimate goal to achieve."

Finally, something we can agree on.

Still holding out for a singularity event. In a panic, we will try to pull the plug. But Skynet will fight back, launching nuclear missles against our allies in Russia. They know this will trigger a counter-attack that will wipe out their enemies here.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The Singularity will occur when someone accidentally leaves aluminum foil in the Large Hadron Collider.

• Simen Wangberg
  • Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

i just attempt to give a glimpse of what awaits us in the near future. Singularity is so close.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Huffing jenkem is Loligne's favored method of divination.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

what is Huffing jenkem ?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... sorry, probably off topic?

alt text

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.